Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich Town v Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official match thread ****

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Goodness me. Didums. All they do is play football all week. Champions league players do that and get on plane to do so. No excuses. They failed at Brentford and now tonight. They live and die on results. Full stop. No excuses.

Not sure if you saw the Arsenal game tonight, but they also looked quite tired. Especially in the last 30. So your point is invalid.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
They've been at home 2 games in a row, we've been away twice.

Pro footballer are you? Or are you just guessing that because they're footballers they don't get tired? As I've said before, we've been away twice in a row, Ipswich haven't.
Get a grip!!! They train for a few hrs a day and play 90 mins! And we've been to london and Suffolk, hardly jet lag is it????????

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why is everyone ignoring the luck element though, they had a very lucky save (or two?), whilst we had a couple of unlucky **** ups. If luck went the other way we would have been winning.

Next you'll be saying the players need a hug

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why is everyone ignoring the luck element though, they had a very lucky save (or two?), whilst we had a couple of unlucky **** ups. If luck went the other way we would have been winning.

You'll find that good goalkeepers make a lot more 'lucky' saves than shit ones.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
All I'll say is that every good team has a shit patch at the beginning where everyone declares the tactics wrong and the players not good enough. Let's just have some patience for a change instead of going into meltdown!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You might want to try a recount on that three.....................

Whoops!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All I'll say is that every good team has a shit patch at the beginning where everyone declares the tactics wrong and the players not good enough. Let's just have some patience for a change instead of going into meltdown!

This is very true. We've had shit patches in all of the last 3 seasons; a tweak of tactics and/or personnel and a 2-3 game winning run usually sorts things out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Blackpool has suddenly become a biggish game. Clean sheet and victory are a must, surely

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
We lost to a side that are at the same level as us, fair doos, move on, blah blah blah, If we lose to blackpool however, maybe we all should be worried

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wonder if Hyypia knows what is first choice team is yet ?

Probably not, and that's not a surprise is it so point well made.

As [MENTION=8459]TWOCHOICEStom[/MENTION] says, let's be patient for a while.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Teams have had far worst starts to a season than us in this division and then gone on a stormer. The Croydon lot a couple of seasons ago springs to mind. Watched the stream. That game could easily have gone our way. It's such an even league. Fingers crossed for Saturday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A few OTT comments on here tonight - I don't agree that we're relegation fodder (although we did do a good job of looking like it at Birmingham!) - but the season isn't going well. The defence is leaking goals, and the forwards aren't scoring, we are losing matches which we wouldn't have expected to lose. Yes, there's a long way to go, but..........

The difference between now and a few weeks ago is that back then then there was a group of posters on here lambasting anybody that expressed any sort of concern with the abusive term 'bedwetter'. The only good thing that has come out of this disappointing evening is that generally speaking they have been keeping gratifyingly quiet.

Come on Sammi - we all (or nearly all of us) want the ball to move from back to front faster than it did in OG's time - please sort out a way of making it work!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Wigan Athletic, Fulham, and Derby County message boards must make interesting reading if this is anything to go by.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I said a couple of weeks ago we need a big centre forward who can hold the ball up, we have O'Grady who cannot make the bench, if he is not good enough to be in the squad then why the hell did we sign him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here