Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
somes-140914-ld229-1914590_478x359.jpg

Lucy Somes
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
08:00 15th September 2014
by James Hilsum
I’m getting a lot more opportunities now and hopefully I can carry on my goalscoring form against Cardiff next week."
Lucy Somes

Lucy Somes was thrilled to net a hat-trick against Plymouth yesterday and feels she is now starting to show a clinical touch in front of goal.

Somes netted three times alongside strikes for Amy Green and Charlotte Owen, as the Seagulls cruised to victory in Devon.She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m absolutely buzzing and really happy to score a hat-trick.
“My third goal was my favourite because I felt I was quite calm on the ball and managed to slot it past the keeper with the side of my foot. Normally I hit it too hard in those situations, but I was calm and clinical.
“I feel like I’m getting on the ball more now and that my work off the ball has improved as well. I’ve just got to keep working hard and keep my discipline, as that’s what James [Marrs] wants.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The forward was also keen to praise the impact of her team-mates and manager Marrs for her strong start to the season.
“I am feeling a lot more confident in my ability. The manager recognises that if we do something wrong but we’re trying to put things right, then he appreciates that. All of the players in the squad are all very supportive as well.“The new players that have come in have all been very driven, allowing us to all gel well together as a squad.
“I now want to continue being more clinical in front of goal. I’ve had loads of chances already, but recognise that you can’t put them all away.
“I’m getting a lot more opportunities now and hopefully I can carry on my goalscoring form against Cardiff next week.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]TUESDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here