Charlotte Owen
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:30 14th September 2014
by James Hilsum
It’s going well and my focus is to get a place in the team every week. "
Charlotte Owen
banner-ad.jpg

Charlotte Owen has regained her confidence following a knee injury and aims to open her goalscoring account as Brighton & Hove Albion women take on Plymouth today.

The midfielder spent six months on the sidelines and reveals her recovery is now almost complete.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’d say I’ve almost recovered, but I'm still not quite match fit. I’ve only played four 90-minute games since I got injured in February and I still have to wear straps for games. They’re not ready for me to play without a strap, but it’s much better now and I’ve got my confidence back.
“After training and games the knee still aches a bit and I’d say I’m about 90 per cent fit.”
“It’s going well and my focus is to get a place in the team every week. It’s frustrating that I can’t score at the moment as James [Marrs, manager] has given me the license to get into positions where I can find the net.
“Last season, I didn’t really get that many opportunities and have probably had more chances this season already compared to the last one. Now I just need to get that end product right, as well as collectively as a team.”[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The 18-year-old is looking forward to today’s match and praised the impact of Marrs, who has helped to develop her overall game.
“He’s helped me and I am definitely more disciplined and working harder. I feel my work off the ball has improved as well.
“This is our first away game of the season so it will be a chance for us all to bond as a team.
“It’s the first time we’ve been away together and we don’t really see each other outside of football because some of the players live quite far away. It will be a good opportunity to get to know the girls better off the pitch.”

[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]Albion v Blackpool[/h]Saturday 20th September
kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v Cardiff[/h]Tuesday 30th September
kick-off 7.45pm

[h=3]Albion v Middlesbrough[/h]Saturday 18th October
kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here