Who would you like to have in goal for the Albion

• David Stockdale

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • Tomasz Kuszczak

Votes: 87 51.8%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There is no way he could come for this cross. Six yard box is definately his domain from corners and deep lying crosses but to think he would be able to get to this cross which is pulled back from the byline with pace shows that you live on cliches and have no real understanding nor experience of the position.

Pretty much what I was going to say. Stating he should have caught that is doing a disservice to what was an excellent cross, followed by an excellent header.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Remind me what goals have gone in because he didn't come for a cross? Yesterday in took 2 corners cleanly and a couple of crosses.

The 3rd goal. the least he should have done in the 6yd box is get a punch on it. If it comes into the 6yd box and there are attackers in the box, it is his to go for, irrespective of what central defenders are there.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The 3rd goal. the least he should have done in the 6yd box is get a punch on it. If it comes into the 6yd box and there are attackers in the box, it is his to go for, irrespective of what central defenders are there.
Again you talking rubbish. You are still using your 6 yard area cliche! It's all about starting position and from a corner or deeper cross he will be off his line when the cross comes over making the 6 yard area his, but for the 3rd goal yesterday he has to be pretty much on his line due to the angles, so to think he can get out and get to a cross angled back from the byline from that distance is clueless. There is no way he could have come for it and any person with any goalkeeping knowledge would know this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that Niemi will not be happy with his efforts on all 3 goals.

While not blaming him I think that he could have been quicker getting down to the first 2. Perhaps we have been spoilt by having watched Kuszczak saving shots for the past couple of seasons and have come to expect that. Other than his kicking Stockdsale has a long way to go to emulate TK. On watching the 2 games and FL show I would have been happier signing either Westwood or Henderson players that were mentioned during the summer. I think that we drew the short straw on performances so far, but lets wait and see as the season progresses to see if he improves.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I would think that Niemi will not be happy with his efforts on all 3 goals.

While not blaming him I think that he could have been quicker getting down to the first 2. Perhaps we have been spoilt by having watched Kuszczak saving shots for the past couple of seasons and have come to expect that. Other than his kicking Stockdsale has a long way to go to emulate TK. On watching the 2 games and FL show I would have been happier signing either Westwood or Henderson players that were mentioned during the summer. I think that we drew the short straw on performances so far, but lets wait and see as the season progresses to see if he improves.

Is that the Henderson that didnt control his box and was beaten by two headers by Lewis Dunk.
The 3rd goal cross was virtually from the dead ball line, and pulled back to the scorer with such pace that there is no way Stockdale could come for it.
As usual, you have made a daft initial posting, and you are digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Is that the Henderson that didnt control his box and was beaten by two headers by Lewis Dunk.
The 3rd goal cross was virtually from the dead ball line, and pulled back to the scorer with such pace that there is no way Stockdale could come for it.
As usual, you have made a daft initial posting, and you are digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself.
I really can't be bothered to argue with BG anymore. He has shown he is clueless on what a keeper should save and now thinks Stockdale should have saved all 3! For some reason he has some issue with Stockdale and has rose tinted glasses on for PiG. I can guarantee that no keeper would have come for the cross on the 3rd goal and if they did they would have got no where near it. Still BG would prefer to use BBC statistics and his brothers eye sight from the other end of the pitch (you couldn't see what was going on up the other end) and ignore the you tube clip that Barrel of Fun posted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I saw a man at Haywards Heath town day yesterday who I am sure would have saved all 3 goals FDM. I may get slated but I would drop Stockdale for Tuesday and throw Walton in against Ipswich, if only to show I am not happy with his performances so far. This probably explains why he has never been a No1 at any club.

Get it right Totten I didnt say he should have saved all three. I think that he COULD have done better with the first 2 and SHOULD have done better with the 3rd.

Last edited:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Both from outside of the 6 yd box, the goalkeepers domain, and should have been the marking CB responsibility to cut out.

So the fact that we had 2 defenders around their guy for 3rd goal but he still won the header means it's Stockdale's fault? You have just contradicted yourself! Still let's not let facts get in the way of planet BG.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I saw a man at Haywards Heath town day yesterday who I am sure would have saved all 3 goals FDM. I may get slated but I would drop Stockdale for Tuesday and throw Walton in against Ipswich, if only to show I am not happy with his performances so far. This probably explains why he has never been a No1 at any club.

That's why you are posting rubbish on here and SH is in charge of the team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe Stockdale only lets in goals so he can go up for late corners, and then be the hero.

I can't think what the psychiatric term is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So the fact that we had 2 defenders around their guy for 3rd goal but he still won the header means it's Stockdale's fault? You have just contradicted yourself! Still let's not let facts get in the way of planet BG.

How many times must it be said he is big enough to get to the ball and if needeed knock his defenders out of the way to do so.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Just seen all the goals and think that Stockdale could have definitely done better with the first. Bit slow off his line and got his positioning wrong. Can't do much with the second or third.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Just seen all the goals and think that Stockdale could have definitely done better with the first. Bit slow off his line and got his positioning wrong. Can't do much with the second or third.

I thought he could have narrowed the angle better for the 1st but the goal came from shocking defending. I agree the 2nd was Dunks fault and the fact the Calde was in the Brentford half and the third was a decent cross and bad defending to allow the header.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Get it right Totten I didnt say he should have saved all three. I think that he COULD have done better with the first 2 and SHOULD have done better with the 3rd.

[yt]eq5pzufCZuY[/yt]

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I thought he could have narrowed the angle better for the 1st but the goal came from shocking defending. I agree the 2nd was Dunks fault and the fact the Calde was in the Brentford half and the third was a decent cross and bad defending to allow the header.

The guy out jumped two bha defenders for the third. Can't see who they were but it was poor from Calderon and crofts to allow them to play it in so easily. Poor allround. Lovely strike from holla and a neat finish from Greer looks to be the only positives to come out of this.
Dunks should have seen red early, and we should be thankful he didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here