Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Islamic Future of Britain

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I wouldn't be worrying if I lived in the UK either. These valid reasons that many seem to cite as cause for concern, appear to me to be totally overblown and out of proportion. I would imagine that 99.9999% of the Muslim population of Britain want to just get on with their lives without pushing any agenda whatsoever. It is the tiny minority that some people are worked up about at the moment and if I have a concern, it would be to any overblown, disproportionate reaction against them.
For your 99.9999%, I would offer a confident 90%, if we loosen the terminology to 'sympathising with the extremists' I would offer you 80%.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
For your 99.9999%, I would offer a confident 90%, if we loosen the terminology to 'sympathising with the extremists' I would offer you 80%.

So the quote 99.9999% was quoted in this instance, which as pointed out just taking into account the KNOWN 500 that went overseas to fight makes that figure laughable when taking into account the Muslim population in Britain....so how about the 30% that want Sharia Law over here, does that mean that 99.9999% do not sympathise with the extremists but quite readily want different laws.....yeah right.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Does this cult follow a "god" that married a 6 year old and consummated the marriage when she was 9 years old.........if yes then i would definitely be worried about your brother in law and his cult KZN.

Jimmy Savile? We all loved Jim'll fix it.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So the quote 99.9999% was quoted in this instance, which as pointed out just taking into account the KNOWN 500 that went overseas to fight makes that figure laughable when taking into account the Muslim population in Britain....so how about the 30% that want Sharia Law over here, does that mean that 99.9999% do not sympathise with the extremists but quite readily want different laws.....yeah right.
I think we are on the same side, but all the numbers on different topics have confused me?

Understandable as I am only in Year 3 according to The Truth.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't see how anyone could question such well researched factual information. Open and shut case
You'd have to be bloody stupid or seriously naive to think that there isn't many more being brainwashed as we speak.Right we'll leave it at your theory of exactly 500 and we have no more in this country:D

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I have to say that living in the UK throughout, i have been more concerned about terrorist acts in previous decades than i am now.

1971, 12 January: Two bombs exploded at the house of government minister Robert Carr. This attack was one of 25 carried out by the Angry Brigade between August 1970 and August 1971. The Bomb Squad was established at Scotland Yard in January 1971 to target the group, and they were apprehended in August of that year.[1][2]
1971, 31 October: A bomb exploded in the Post Office Tower in London causing extensive damage but no injuries. The "Kilburn Battalion" of the IRA claimed responsibility for the explosion.[3]
1972, 22 February: The Official Irish Republican Army killed seven civilians in the Aldershot bombing.
1972, 19 September: The group Black September posted a letter bomb to the Israeli embassy in London killing an Israeli diplomat.[4]
1973: The Provisional IRA exploded a car bomb in the street outside the Old Bailey. A shard of glass is preserved as a reminder, embedded in the wall at the top of the main stairs.
1973, 10 September: The Provisional IRA set off bombs at London's King's Cross Station and Euston Station injuring 21 people.[5]
1974, 4 February: Eight Soldiers and 4 civilians killed by the Provisional IRA in the M62 coach bombing.
1974, 17 June: The Provisional IRA planted a bomb which exploded at the Houses of Parliament, causing extensive damage and injuring 11 people.[6]
1974, 5 October: Guildford pub bombings by the Provisional IRA left 4 off duty soldiers and a civilian dead and 44 injured.
1974, 22 October: A bomb planted by the Provisional IRA explodes in London injuring 3 people.[7]
1974, 21 November: The Birmingham pub bombings, 21 killed and 182 injured.
1974, 18 December: Bomb planted by IRA in the run up to Christmas in one of Bristol's most popular shopping districts explodes injuring 17 people.[8]
1975, 27 November: IRA gunmen assassinated political activist and television personality Ross McWhirter.[9]
1975, 20 December: The Ulster Defence Association (UDA) bombed Biddy Mulligan's pub in the Kilburn area of London. Five people were injured. It said it bombed the pub because it was frequented by Irish republican sympathizers.[10]
1978, 17 December: Another bomb planted by the IRA aimed at the Christmas shoppers in Bristol takes out the department store Maggs injuring seven people.[11]
1979, 17 February: The Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) bombed two pubs frequented by Catholics in Glasgow, Scotland. Both pubs were wrecked and a number of people were wounded. It said it bombed the pubs because they were used for Irish republican fundraising.[12]
1979, 30 March: Airey Neave killed when a car bomb exploded under his car as he drove out of the Palace of Westminster car park. The Irish National Liberation Army (INLA) claimed responsibility for the killing.
1980 30 April: The Iranian Embassy siege where a six-man terrorist team held the building for six days until the hostages were rescued by a raid by the SAS which was broadcast live on TV.
1981 10 October: The IRA detonated a bomb outside the Chelsea Barracks, killing two and injuring 39.
1981 26 October: The IRA bombed a Wimpy Bar on Oxford Street, killing Kenneth Howorth, the Metropolitan Police explosives officer attempting to defuse it.
1982 14 March: The bombing of the London ANC offices (African National Congress), wounding one person who was living upstairs. General Johann Coetzee, former head of the South African security police, and seven other policemen, claimed responsibility for the attack and applied for amnesty before the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Coetzee's accomplices were Craig Williamson, John McPherson, Roger Raven, Wybrand du Toit, John Adam, James Taylor and Eugene de Kock. [13]
1982 June: Abu Nidal killed the Israeli ambassador in London.[14]
1982 20 July: The Hyde Park and Regent's Park bombings in London by the IRA killed eleven members of the Household Cavalry and the Royal Green Jackets.
1982 30 November: A group called the Animal Rights Militia sent a letter bomb to Margaret Thatcher at 10 Downing Street, the device exploded injuring one person.[15]
1983 17 December: Harrods was bombed by the IRA. Six were killed (including three police officers) and 90 wounded during Christmas shopping at the West London department store. (See Harrods bombing)
1984 12 October: Brighton hotel bombing, 5 killed and several injured in an attempt by the IRA to kill Margaret Thatcher.
1988 21 December: Pan Am Flight 103 (Lockerbie) blown up by a bomb in a suitcase while in flight over Scotland after taking off from Heathrow. 270 were killed.
1989 22 September: Deal barracks bombing: Eleven Royal Marines bandsmen killed and 22 injured when base in Deal, Kent, was bombed by the IRA.
1990s[edit]
1990 16 May: Wembley IRA detonated a bomb underneath a minibus killing Sgt Charles Chapman (The Queen's Regiment) and injuring another soldier.
1990 1 June: Lichfield City railway station 1 soldier killed and 2 injured in a shooting by the Provisional Irish Republican Army
1990 20 July: The IRA detonated a bomb at the London Stock Exchange causing damage to the building. Nobody was injured in the blast.[16]
1990 30 July: Ian Gow MP killed by a car bomb planted by the IRA while at his home in Sussex.
1991 7 February: The IRA launched three mortar shells at the rear garden of 10 Downing Street.
1991 18 February: A bomb exploded at Victoria Station. One man killed and 38 people injured.
1992 28 February: A bomb exploded at London Bridge station injuring 29 people.
1992 10 April: Baltic Exchange bombing: A large bomb exploded in St Mary Axe in the City of London. The bomb was contained in a large white truck and consisted of a fertilizer device wrapped with a detonation cord made from Semtex. It killed three people: Paul Butt, 29, Baltic Exchange employee Thomas Casey, 49, and 15-year old Danielle Carter. The bomb also caused damage to surrounding buildings, many of which were also badly damaged by the Bishopsgate bombing the following year. The bomb caused £800 million worth of damage, £200 million more than the total damaged caused by the 10,000 explosions that had occurred during the Troubles in Northern Ireland up to that point.[17]
1992 25 August: The IRA planted three fire bombs in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Bombs were placed in Shoplatch, The Charles Darwin Centre and Shrewsbury Castle, the latter causing the most damage as the castle housed the Shropshire Regimental Museum and many priceless historical artifacts were lost and damaged by fire and smoke. No fatalities or injuries were recorded.
1992 12 October: A device exploded in the gents' toilet of the Sussex Arms public house in Covent Garden killing one person and injuring four others.
1992 16 November: IRA planted a bomb at the Canary Wharf, but was spotted by security guards. The bomb was deactivated safely.
1992 3 December: The IRA exploded two bombs in central Manchester, injuring 65 people.[18]
1993 20 March: Warrington bomb attacks. The first attack, on a gasworks, created a huge fireball but no casualties, but the second attack on Bridge Street killed two children and injured many other people. The attacks were conducted by the IRA.
1993 24 April: IRA detonated a huge truck bomb in the City of London at Bishopsgate, It killed journalist Ed Henty, injured over 40 people, and causing approximately £1 billion worth of damage,[17] including the destruction of St Ethelburga's church, and serious damage to Liverpool St. Tube Station. Police had received a coded warning, but were still evacuating the area at the time of the explosion. The insurance payments required were so enormous, that Lloyd's of London almost went bankrupt under the strain, and there was a crisis in the London insurance market. The area had already suffered damage from the Baltic Exchange bombing the year before. (see 1993 Bishopsgate bombing)
1994 July: A car-bomb outside the Israeli embassy in London injured fourteen.[19]
1994 27 July: A car-bomb outside Balfour House in London, home to a Jewish charity, injuring five.[20]
1994 13 August: 2.5lbs of Semtex packed into a bicycle left outside Woolworths in Bognor Regis, exploded damaging 15 shops. A similar bomb found in nearby Brighton. [21]
1995 January: A bomb at a Sikh newspaper office in London, killing the editor.[22]
1996 9 February: The IRA bombed the South Quay area of London, killing two people. (see 1996 Docklands bombing)
1996 15 February: A 5 lb bomb placed in a telephone box disarmed by Police on the Charing Cross Road.
1996 18 February: An improvised high explosive device detonated prematurely on a bus travelling along Aldwych in central London, killing Edward O'Brien, the IRA operative transporting the device and injuring eight others.
1996 15 June: The Manchester bombing when the IRA detonated a 1500 kg bomb which heavily damaged the Arndale shopping centre and injured 206 people.
1997 March: The IRA exploded two bombs in relay boxes near Wilmslow railway station, thereby causing great disruption to rail and road services, in Wilmslow and the surrounding area.
1999 17 April, 24 April, 30 April: David Copeland set off three nail bombs in London targeting the black, Bangladeshi and gay communities respectively, killing 3 and injuring 129. Convicted of murder on 30 June 2000.
Refer also to the list of IRA terrorist incidents presented to Parliament between 1980 and 1994, listed halfway down the page here
Memorial in London's Hyde Park to the victims of the Islamist 7 July bombings.
2000 1 June: Real IRA bomb on Hammersmith Bridge, London
2000 20 September: Real IRA fired an RPG-22 at the MI6 HQ in London SIS Building
2001 4 March: The Real IRA detonated a car bomb outside the BBC's main news centre in London. One London Underground worker suffered deep cuts to his eye from flying glass and some damage was caused to the front of the building.[23] (See 2001 BBC bombing)
2001 16 April: Hendon post office bombed by the Real IRA.
2001 6 May: The Real IRA detonated a bomb in a London postal sorting office. One person was injured.[24]
2001 3 August: A Real IRA Bomb in Britain explodes in Ealing, West London, injuring seven people.[25] (See 2001 Ealing bombing)
2001 4 November: Real IRA car bomb in Birmingham[26]
2005 7 July: The 7 July 2005 London bombings conducted by four separate Islamist extremist suicide bombers, killing 56 people and injuring 700.
2007 January - February: The 2007 United Kingdom letter bombs
2007 30 June: 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack perpetrated by Islamist extremists.
2008 22 May: 2008 Exeter attempted bombing by an Islamist extremist, injuring only the perpetrator.
2013 29 April: Pavlo Lapshyn, a Ukrainian student, stabbed to death Birmingham resident Mohammed Saleem. He later admitted to police that he wished to start a "race war".[27]
2013 22 May: 2013 Woolwich attack, British Serviceman killed by two Islamist extremists armed with a handgun and a number of bladed articles such as machete's and butcher's knifes. One of the men received a whole life order meaning he will never be let out of prison and the other acting as an assistant in the brutal and racist murder was jailed for a minimum of 45 years.[28]
2013 21 June: Pavlo Lapshyn detonated a home-made bomb outside a mosque in Walsall. 150 homes were evacuated but no person was injured.[27]
2013 28 June: Pavlo Lapshyn detonated another home-made bomb nearby a mosque in Wolverhampton.[27]
2013 12 July: Pavlo Lapshyn attacked a mosque in Tipton with an improvised explosive device containing 600 grams of 25 mm nails. He had planned his attack so that it would explode when worshippers were leaving the mosque after prayers. But he had not realised that Friday prayers were delayed that day, and so his intended victims were still inside. The bomb was so powerful that it embedded the nails in tree trunks up to 70 metres away from the explosion. Laphsyn was arrested on July 18th.[27][29]

absolutely nothing to do with this thread,that comment

what people are concerned about is the direction this country is going in,people with children & grand children

if the soft left get there way,before they know it,this country will be sold down the river,probably already is

tony blair thankyou very much,undoubtly the worst prime minister this country has ever had and by some distance

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I wouldn't be worrying if I lived in the UK either. These valid reasons that many seem to cite as cause for concern, appear to me to be totally overblown and out of proportion. I would imagine that 99.9999% of the Muslim population of Britain want to just get on with their lives without pushing any agenda whatsoever. It is the tiny minority that some people are worked up about at the moment and if I have a concern, it would be to any overblown, disproportionate reaction against them.

I'm not happy with my offspring eating halal meat t school as we now find, FGM which is currently going unpunished in this country, the police fearful of arresting Asian men who are perpetrating ex crimes against under age children, in Rotherham, Bradford, Blackburn, Oxford, west London etc, etc. Riots starting in north west cities in this country because a section of the population disagrees with pubs. It goes on, the bombings, the foiled plots, the preaching of hate in some Mosques. If 500 went to \Syria, and we don't know how many went, how many thought about it? I would agree about 99.9% wanting to get on with their lives, but in their own way. There should not be panic, but there should be recognition of what is happening. How many muslims serve in the British Army, in the Police, do they take their share?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It won't happen because there will be a sectarian war between the west and Islam. Consequently Islam will be banned in Britain and the Muslims deported or locked up.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
what utter horse crap. New Testament is a new series of teaching, not a rewrite of the previous series. both testaments are considered as canon by the vast majority of christians churches. the fact that they are often inconsistent with each other and the Old series teaches stuff we dont follow, like or would touch with a barge pole, is a core argument against the whole stupid mess of religious belied in the first place.

very few christians draw exclusivly from the new testament, picking and chosing which bits they accept from the old. so the teachings that they dont like are still supposed to be valid, even if they dont match real morality. doesnt hide the point made by Golstone1976, theres an awfull lot of other stuff in the old series that we wouldnt abide by anymore, but its there in the religious text that are supposed to be followed in their entirety.

Utter horse crap yourself. As a trained and qualified preacher in one of our mainstream Churches, one is trained to exercise common sense.
In my training I was taught that the creation story is just that - a story. Only fairly extreme people will accept it as true.
The New Testament is the Christian interpretation of previous Jewish teachings - sensible reinterpretations of some of the too narrow interpretations that had come down - why shouldn't I heal people on a Sunday, Jesus said, and got in trouble for doing so. That is why they crucified him.
Of course there are inconsistencies between the New Testament and the old, but to say that the religious texts are supposed to be followed in their entirety is absolute and total rubbish and shows up the ignorance of people who make such comments.
A Christian belief is a way of dealing with the world in a sensible way, not an inflexible set of rules to be slavishly followed. Anybody sensible who has a Christian Belief knows that's their God requires them to use the thinking material that they have between their ears.
And the same would go for all the other major faiths as well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm sorry, but what you 'imagine' from 15,000 miles away really cannot have any value in this discussion, neither can your 'imagined' figure of 99.9999%. The OP's stats may or may not be flawed, but there is plenty to be concerned about.

To be fair though, those of us who are a long way away from all of this can only really go on the 'facts' that are presented to us. And you really have to admit that what has been presented as fact on this and many other threads leaves much to be desired and doesn't stand up to the most basic scrutiny.

It began with the weird extrapolation of a small amount of carefully chosen data which is far less worrying than the Elvis Impersonator information used to show it for what it is. Then we had some interesting and sensationalised info from the EDL and other far right groups about Sweden and then Soulman's usual hyperbowl. None of this has been cited and as i said none of it stands up to any kind of scrutiny.

For every person on here claiming there is a Muslim problem in the UK there is another suggesting there is not.

The only conclusion that can be drawn from threads like this is that there are a few people on NSC who are crying 'the end of the world is nigh' and constantly use NSC to spread dodgy propaganda about their Evil Muslim agenda.

I have spent too much time arguing on these kinds of thread and they never change...... I will soon be told that i don't know what I am talking about because I live a long way away and wasn't born in Tower Hamlets or other carefully selected areas that have social issues and a high proportion of brown people (ignore any other factors that may actually be causing the social problems and focus on religion).

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Utter horse crap yourself. As a trained and qualified preacher in one of our mainstream Churches, one is trained to exercise common sense.
In my training I was taught that the creation story is just that - a story. Only fairly extreme people will accept it as true.
The New Testament is the Christian interpretation of previous Jewish teachings - sensible reinterpretations of some of the too narrow interpretations that had come down - why shouldn't I heal people on a Sunday, Jesus said, and got in trouble for doing so. That is why they crucified him.
Of course there are inconsistencies between the New Testament and the old, but to say that the religious texts are supposed to be followed in their entirety is absolute and total rubbish and shows up the ignorance of people who make such comments.
A Christian belief is a way of dealing with the world in a sensible way, not an inflexible set of rules to be slavishly followed. Anybody sensible who has a Christian Belief knows that's their God requires them to use the thinking material that they have between their ears.

The New Testament is riddled with inconsistencies and contradictions. The bible is based on Judean stories which, in turn, are based on Egyptian and Babylonian folk stories which, in turn, are based on probable real events in prehistory exaggerated beyond all recognition.

The evidence for a historical Jesus is very very flaky and the message he preached.. ( love everyone and don't be an ********) has been warped and hijacked.

The evidence for a historical Mohammed is fairly robust but it paints him as a bit of a shit really so where does that leave us? No further along I'd argue.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

In this sense surely all faiths are the same? As time has moved on then surely religious texts have to be updated and certain parts must be left out. The problem arises when no logic or common sense is applied to this process. My mother in law told my five year old that dinosaurs didn't exist. She is a creationist and has a library of books which carefully explain why evolution is wrong and the old testament is correct.

People from many areas of many faiths will interpret the holy books in the way that they see fit and to suit their own ends. Your experience as a qualified preacher is only really relevant to your area of Christianity. Those on here that know your postings know that you are a sensible and level headed person who clearly has the ability to use logic and common sense when interpreting information. There are many (like my mother in law) who do not.

None of this changed the point that was being made about female slavery being mentioned in more than one religious text though does it?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The New Testament is riddled with inconsistencies and contradictions. The bible is based on Judean stories which, in turn, are based on Egyptian and Babylonian folk stories which, in turn, are based on probable real events in prehistory exaggerated beyond all recognition.

The evidence for a historical Jesus is very very flaky and the message he preached.. ( love everyone and don't be an ********) has been warped and hijacked.

The evidence for a historical Mohammed is fairly robust but it paints him as a bit of a shit really so where does that leave us? No further along I'd argue.

I accept all that, which is all the more reason why one has to use one's brain to reach sensible conclusions. It is also easy for things to be misinterpreted when they are taken out of context. "An eye for an eye", for example (very Old Testament) is often taken as justification for revenge, when in fact it was originally intended to limit the extent of any retribution and prevent things escalating.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
In this sense surely all faiths are the same? As time has moved on then surely religious texts have to be updated and certain parts must be left out. The problem arises when no logic or common sense is applied to this process. My mother in law told my five year old that dinosaurs didn't exist. She is a creationist and has a library of books which carefully explain why evolution is wrong and the old testament is correct.

People from many areas of many faiths will interpret the holy books in the way that they see fit and to suit their own ends. Your experience as a qualified preacher is only really relevant to your area of Christianity. Those on here that know your postings know that you are a sensible and level headed person who clearly has the ability to use logic and common sense when interpreting information. There are many (like my mother in law) who do not.

None of this changed the point that was being made about female slavery being mentioned in more than one religious text though does it?

Seriously mate. Keep your kids away from her. Tell your missus that you don't want her polluting your childrens minds.

Tell her to do one.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I accept all that, which is all the more reason why one has to use one's brain to reach sensible conclusions. It is also easy for things to be misinterpreted when they are taken out of context. "An eye for an eye", for example (very Old Testament) is often taken as justification for revenge, when in fact it was originally intended to limit the extent of any retribution and prevent things escalating.

I came to the same conclusion via the medium of very powerful psychadelic substances.

The Jesuits who taught me failed to do anything other than scare the bejesus out of me. Ayahuasca taught me there is a living god who will speak directly to you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Seriously mate. Keep your kids away from her. Tell your missus that you don't want her polluting your childrens minds.

Tell her to do one.
We came to an understanding soon after this incident.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

:lolol: using common sence would tell anyone to simply dismiss the whole shebang as nothing more than a bunch of folk tales and allegories. the authors of those text intended them to be taken literally, and the original christian churches expected one to follow both texts (they came in one binding ffs). to claim otherwise is stunningly ignorant of history, alot of history has been caused by differing "interpretations". you might believe your god requires one to think, your church might allow you that flexibility, but millions (billions?) in history and today do otherwise and accept the diktats from their church.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I would imagine it would be a long time before the bible is ever revised "officially", but that doesn't stop us interpreting it in the light of today's world. I don't, for example, understand how people can be so implacably opposed to women priests/bishops, but many are.

Agree there are plenty of people around who accept creationism. I keep getting stuff from a local evangelical Anglican Church inviting me to go and hear the truth about the Creation from scientists who have researched it thoroughly. I am an utterly convinced Darwinist, I am afraid.

Reassuring to hear I am seen as level-headed. Plenty of us are in touch with reality.

As for the female slavery thing, I had no read the whole thread and was just responding to a couple of posts. .... And yes, you are probably right. You're pretty sensible, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here