Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Chromecast

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Don't understand the fuss about this Google Chromecast ?
I can link my lappy up to the telly and get exactly the same as Chromecast can for diddly squat ???
Am I just being daft and missing something, because from what I have read so far about it there is absolutely nothing my lappy cant get that IT can get
like NetFlix, 4OD ETC ETC
Can someone enlighten me please if there is indeed anything to be enlightened about ?
I know it works with phones and Ipads etc but just don't get spending £30 on it.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
For a relatively small amount of money (£30) it's convenient to be able to stream video from your phone or tablet straight to the tv without cables plus being able to cast your phone's screen with no lag especially if you want use multi screen on a samsung for final score and twitter at the same time on a big screen tv for instance. Also if you want to pause something you can do it from your phone rather than getting up.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I must admit I didn't really get it at first and never used mine. Then I realised I had some videos on my tablet that I wanted to watch on the big screen. It takes seconds to set up and then you just sling your vids to the TV at the touch of a button.

I could have transferred them to a USB and played them through the PlayStation or I could have transferred them to the laptop and plugged that in to the TV. BUT the Chromecast is WAY easier. I don't have to get up off the sofa.

It's basically just a time saver. Not to mention the fact that if you travel much you can just take the tiny little thing with you wherever you go and you've then got your whole movie collection ready to be fired at whatever hotel room TV you come across.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
if you travel much you can just take the tiny little thing with you wherever you go and you've then got your whole movie collection ready to be fired at whatever hotel room TV you come across.

Whole movie collection? Blimey, I'll order one straight away plus half a dozen boxes of wet wipes.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
deleted post after finding answer

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here