Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First Brighton Away Game?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hereford - March 76. Saw Fred Binney outside the ground and told him to grab a couple of goals. He looked thoroughly miserable, got inside the ground and found he'd been dropped for some skinny nobody called Peter Ward - who promptly scored in the first minute

We drew 1-1 and I couldn't wait to go another away game. I think the next one I went to was the very next away match (may have been the next but one) - Millwall at the Den - lost 3-1 in a game where Joe Kinnear had one of the worst single performances I've ever seen. It looked like he was half-pissed. Still, at least we got out alive

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Genuinely haven't got a scooby. Would have been either '74 or '75 I guess, and near-ish. That's about as much idea as I have.

A couple of early ones I have a vague memory of include Paul Clark scoring at Fulham, and one at Aldershot when there was plenty of :catfight:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Sheffield United 1 - 2 Brighton
Mayo (og) - Carpenter, Knight

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Spurs Nov 77

Nice to pick a nice "Quiet" game for your debut. that was an "interesting" day.

Mine was a couple of years earlier. Aldershot. 1-1. Gate of 11,000 including 8,000 Albion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1974 ish Watford away...followed by millwall away at cold blow lane, stood next to some huge black bloke who had a dog with him! Lost 3-1 Fred binney scored

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Lincoln away 2001. 3-1 victory and a punch up right in front of my young eyes as 5 Lincoln fans celebrated there opener in our end.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Quite recent , Orient away - the 2-0 Brooker,Zamora one.

My first one too as far as I can remember. Over ten years ago now, time flies! Remember it well, despite only being 6/7 at the time.

My first game without my parents was a 2-2 draw at Cheltenham. 2-0 down and being outplayed, a late goal from Nicky Forster and a 90th minute equaliser from Adam Hinshelwood earned us a point. Been hooked ever since.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nice to pick a nice "Quiet" game for your debut. that was an "interesting" day.

Mine was a couple of years earlier. Aldershot. 1-1. Gate of 11,000 including 8,000 Albion.

My dad was a Spurs fan so it was a game for both of us, he had also taken me to White Hart Lane before, I just liked going to football and never supported Spurs, but the trouble that day was nothing to what I had witnessed at WHL before, a match against West Ham was madness with fights going off all round the ground.

I remember some older lads that lived near me telling me about the Aldershot game.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Notts County, 1983, the game foster got booked in I think, that kept him out the cup final. Lost 1-0

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Crystal palace away march 78 0-0, in the old away end which is now sainsburys, plenty going on in all four stands didn't help two shakey 13 year olds when my mates dad clumped some bloke in front of us who was very drunk and hitting out at anyone , we asked him on way home in car was the drunk bloke Bha or palace said he didn't know or care

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It was indeed. On the basis that we were almost certainly total crap at that time, a 3-0 victory away from home was not to be sniffed at.

Although I thought we had the far side same as the side we had when played them for that Shilton game and Was it Bas Savage scored that was an evening game I could have sworn the game when Zamora scored and we had the large end and filled it was a Saturday game.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Mine was Man City away can't remember if it was 81, 82 or 83, but someone will be able to help me.
We lost 4-0!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here