Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three things you would like to see happen if Scotland vote Yes

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Can't think of more than one thing that matters other than rebuilding Hadrian's wall and let the ginger wingers get on with it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
A massive ice wall 700ft high should do the trick.

The_Wall_from_the_south.jpg

Can't have barbarians just wandering in to civilisation now can we?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-20042070

'Under the present arrangement the oil tax revenues are assigned to an economic region set up by the UK government, which is called the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS).
This means that oil resources are not officially assigned to Scotland but instead to a region distinct from the British mainland.
But if Scotland were to become independent, and a sovereign state, it would expect the UKCS to be divided up on a "geographical" basis.'

_63654786_oilmap.gif

That triangle would not be the boarder. It would follow the way of the land boarder under international law. (Or so I heard)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cameron resigns
Clegg resigns
Miliband resigns

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
see them having to pay for NHS prescriptions

and hospital parking

and student tuition fees

which have all been subsidized by the English tax payers over the years.

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
1. Unveil that secret horde of several trillion barrels of onshore oil in the far north of the mainland where nobody lives
2. Continue to redistribute the wealth more fairly among the populace as a whole
3. Rebuild Hadrian's Wall, only much higher and much better defended

Definitely point 3.

We don't want them all flocking down here when it all goes tits up.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
see them having to pay for NHS prescriptions

and hospital parking

and student tuition fees

which have all been subsidized by the English tax payers over the years.

Definitely those

And if I can have a bonus one... remove all Scottish sport from TV coverage

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Definitely point 3.

We don't want them all flocking down here when it all goes tits up.

The opposite might be true. If I was old and lived in the far north of England I'd definitely consider moving over the border (assuming both countries are in the EU) to get the free nursing home care and all the other things they are planning. And if I was young I'd be thinking about ways of enjoying the cut price joys of a Scottish University.

The Scottish middle classes will regard us as the New Romanians.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
1. Round 'em up.
2. Put 'em in a field.
3. Bomb the bastarrrrds!

This system also works equally well with Islamic Extremists, the French, Palace fans etc and I believe it could be the answer to World peace.

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
if they gain independance there will be thousands fleeing to the south (new refugees) so tighter border control and bigger walls would be great.

Will they have there own army? Will the Marines of 45 commando move there base from Arbroath back south?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Scottish middle classes will regard us as the New Romanians.

the Scottish middle classes will be on their way south with their companies, or to avoid being taxed to the hilt to pay for Salmond's fairytale.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Am I alone in not feeling any animosity toward the Scots at all - Yes or No?

I really can't blame them for wanting away from the toffs in Westminster. Can they not be independent but still within the UK - doesn't the proposals allow them independence to govern, but still retain the Queen as their head of state?

If it needs to be, lets make it an amicable break up where our marriage is over, but we stay very good friends….

Also, can we invite anyone to taken Scotland's place? What about Iceland or Belgium?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No more BBC TV and 5live reporting on flat-track bullies Celtic winning games or meaningless trophies.

The share of UK national debt, that they take on, being based on a per capita share out .... Salmond doesn't want that, but it's only fair.

Do not permit them to keep the £ as their currency.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
the Scottish middle classes will be on their way south with their companies, or to avoid being taxed to the hilt to pay for Salmond's fairytale.

I met a Scot this year on holiday who made in very clear he would be moving his businesses south in the event of a yes vote.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Turn the diverter tap on the oil.

Let them keep just getting to the Champions League qualifiers.

Let them really stand on their own two feet, no middle ground, in or out.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
Lord Snooty Cameron and his Posh Boy cronies are now crapping themselves about how they inform the monarch that they have misplaced one of her kingdoms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here