Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Brentford

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Seems odd we would sign a striker like Baldock only to play him off the bench. He deserves an opportunity to prove his goal scoring ability back in the Championship. He could be that 25 goal striker that's eluded the club since we rejoined. I've always liked CMS, hard working and is a great supplement striker but can't see him near the top of the golden boot league. Give Baldock his chance, guy could hit a very rich vein of form....

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
--------------Stockdale
Bruno------Greer---Dunk------Bennett
----------------Holla--------------------
------------Crofts---JFC----------------
-------Colunga-----------Tex----------
---------------Baldock......................

Bench

Walton, Hughes, Ince, Lua Lua, Gardner, Calderon, CMS

Clear lack of height though, so may put Ince into the mix instead of Crofts.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Amazing how many still think Crofts is a starter for us, he wouldnt make my squad currently.
Especially given he was dragged of after 45 mins in our last fixture

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

JFC
Gardner
Holla
Tex
Coolunga

Baldock

Subs

CMS
Ince
Hughes
Lua Lua
Calderon
Ankergren
Mcourt

He's definitely in my squad but there may be a doubt over his starting place. He looks better in an 'ugly' game (see what I did there??) but if it's slick passing and clever runs we are looking for, he's the square peg...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So difficult to pick the team for today because of the two week break and the new players in. Sami will have had the chance to see the new players in training and assess them.
I would say that Stockdale, Greer, Dunk, Bennett, Tex and Colunga are probably starters and i would have Lua Lua in the squad.....the rest we shall have to see.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Amazing how many still think Crofts is a starter for us, he wouldnt make my squad currently.
Especially given he was dragged of after 45 mins in our last fixture

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

JFC
Gardner
Holla
Tex
Coolunga

Baldock

Subs

CMS
Ince
Hughes
Lua Lua
Calderon
Ankergren
Mcourt
Amen to that, Hyypia seems to like players that are comfortable on the ball, that isn't Crofts strong point. I'm not the greatest CMS fan but I'd stick with him at the moment as it looks like our new style suits him a lot better.
88cee05ac60b90b78c1702093788154b_zps676f638a.jpg

Toko appears to have completely fallen off the radar. I wonder if he might have more of a role away from home in a more defensively orientated midfield. I am still not clear whether Sami doesn't rate him or whether his fitness is still an issue.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Toko appears to have completely fallen off the radar. I wonder if he might have more of a role away from home in a more defensively orientated midfield. I am still not clear whether Sami doesn't rate him or whether his fitness is still an issue.

It's all rather odd with regards to Toko. At the press conference Hyypia mentioned all the injured players with no reference to him. He's not featured on any of the DS games either.
Odd.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno Greer Dunk Bennett
Gardner Holla Forster-Caskey
Colunga Baldock Teixeira​

Subs
Ankergren; Calderon, Hughes; Ince, Crofts, Luaua; Mackail-Smith

But we'd still probably lose 4-0. :down:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

It's all rather odd with regards to Toko. At the press conference Hyypia mentioned all the injured players with no reference to him. He's not featured on any of the DS games either.
Odd.

Headed out on loan perhaps?

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
If it was up to me this is who I would pick.

--------------Stockdale-----------------------
------------Dunk-------Hughes--------------
Geer---------------------------------Bennett

------------------Holla------------------------
---------Bruno--------------------------------

Crofts-----------------------------------------

-----------------------------Tex--------------

---------Baldock-------------------------------

----------------------------Colunga------------

Subs: CMS, Mc court, Caldron, LuaLua, Walton, Chicksen, Gardner

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Football Weekly podcast chaps have an interesting chat about formations and wingers.

It all seemed very relevant to what Sami is bringing in.

One observation about wingers was that run, by-line, cross, does play into the hands of the full back.
Whereas the new thinking of having the winger cutting inside across actually wrong foots the full back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here