Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tight finish and England win by 3 runs

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is a struggle seeing cricket played in this way, but I was glued to the last couple of overs.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This happened the other day as well. I read something from him where he said that the he hoped the English born Indian fans that booed him would be supporting England in the future

It's a shame, because it has a racist undercurrent. I don't subscribe to Tebbit's 'Cricket Test' theology, I think it's good to see people remembering their roots, but some of the behaviour at these games is inacceptable.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, may be this one. He's also had some grief from English excrementals too.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/story/778123.html

Top bloke, Moeen Ali. :thumbsup:

My uni hockey team joined a Saturday league and we faced Slough very soon after Pakistan had beaten us in the 2003 World Cup.

I can only assume that the majority of the team were British born, but they were incredibly racist and derogatory towards us. They had obviously set out to infuriate us, by wearing Pakistani cricket shirts, but we paid little attention to their efforts. For a start, I couldn't care less about the CWC.

I expect they will be amongst those whom will be abusing Mo when we play Pakistan.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My uni hockey team joined a Saturday league and we faced Slough very soon after Pakistan had beaten us in the 2003 World Cup.

I can only assume that the majority of the team were British born, but they were incredibly racist and derogatory towards us. They had obviously set out to infuriate us, by wearing Pakistani cricket shirts, but we paid little attention to their efforts. For a start, I couldn't care less about the CWC.

I expect they will be amongst those whom will be abusing Mo when we play Pakistan.

There was a Lancastrian fast bowler a while back who experienced racist abuse when playing for England. Sajid Mahmood.

The authorities cannot be allowed to let this go unchallenged.

I have a lot of respect for these Asian lads coming through the ranks. It's tough.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Great match and well done England
P... poor treatment of Moen by some of the Indian heritage in the Brummie crowd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here