Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It'll be such a novelty having an enormous screen, for a while, then you'll yearn for a smaller device. I've just just returned to having a regular sized smartphone as the larger screen was, quite frankly, unnecessary.

This is perhaps the main reason I own an iPhone. They aren't ridiculously big.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Really looking forward to the new iPhone, especially some of the new tech built in which won't appear on other phones ever, as apple said the tech is not being sold to anyone. Like the ability to use it like a wireless credit card to pay for items, the new siri system to name a few.
Rumors also apple have buried the hatchet with adobe so new iPhone will come with flash.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Must be old...cannot understand the fashion of having the latest phone...OK,you're entitled to be obsessed with it...but by the time it reaches the end of the production line it's out of date...just a ruse to get you to spend your hard earned money.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I believe the term is 'Meh'.

Actually I think you'll find the term is "iCouldn't give an i****" as Apple has even taken over swearing in it's attempt for world dominance.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I was really looking forward to the reveal of the 6 but having seen the leaked pictures I'm very disappointed. The iphone is crying out for a proper make over and it just looks so, dull...
Hopefully something surprising will happen, will still get one though as I'm still on the 4s and I deserve a treat.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really looking forward to the new iPhone, especially some of the new tech built in which won't appear on other phones ever, as apple said the tech is not being sold to anyone. Like the ability to use it like a wireless credit card to pay for items, the new siri system to name a few.
Rumors also apple have buried the hatchet with adobe so new iPhone will come with flash.
Err, Google wallet has been around in the USA since 2011. This allows credit cards, debit cards and store cards to be used through wireless payments from an android phone. It seems a bit rich if apple are saying they are innovative etc but they've lied before. Are apple introducing this feature in the UK?

And on the flash question, I don't think this is likely as flash is dead as far as adobe are concerned.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
they released a phone that caught up with the competition and a "budget" version that cost twice as much as other budget phones. the biggest story was they completly redesigned the look and feel of the UI from somthing pretty decent to a confusing and flat icon set.

you just described a 2x4" device. or, a phone on a wrist strap. imagine having to hold you arm as if to read the time for several minutes... try it. you reckon anyones going to watch video, or do anything that requires more than a second or two glance?

It wasn't that long ago when people were watching video on their little iPod screens. The fact that Facebook auto-plays video nowadays would also be a factor in popularising video on a watch.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The best thing for me is that it gives me chance to sort my media out get some more memory . I didn't buy a big enough one last time round so I'm going all in on this one.

Apart from that I'm quite happy with my 5s - I have more issues with 3/4G - battery - apps - and connection that never seems to catch up with the phone!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Once the new launch is over maybe i can upgrade my 4 to a 5 cheaply?
Went into the Apple store on Saturday and enquired about a new 5 but there were no advertising of the new one nor did they tell me, just gave me a price of £459 for 16GB 5

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Have 27inch IMac, Apple IPad Mini and used to have IPhone but
Decided on upgrade to change to Samsung 4 !
What a load of shite !!!!
Sold it and got Apple IPhone 5s my Apple family is now together once more.
Android I spit on your inferior product.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've had 2 iPhones now, never again. Nothing wrong with the phones just sick of them bigging up their phones only to replace them very 18 months. On a 5c at present. Will be my last one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Once the new launch is over maybe i can upgrade my 4 to a 5 cheaply?
Went into the Apple store on Saturday and enquired about a new 5 but there were no advertising of the new one nor did they tell me, just gave me a price of £459 for 16GB 5

They'll never discuss new models until formally announced. That is happening on Tuesday, although they won't confirm it's happening on Tuesday.

Wait for a few days and see what happens. The current 5S could become the new 'budget' option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here