Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Just trying to look at my order history on the apple site and in getting 'we're sorry something went wrong' message. Is anyone else getting this or is it just me?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Despite two major embarrassments for Apple this week (messed up live stream and non availability of Apple Store at various times during this mornings I6 launch). Apple are reporting record demand for their handsets with many regions now having to wait between 3/4 weeks for the I6 plus model (production difficulties, limiting supplies) and 7/10 days for the standard I6 model.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Despite two major embarrassments for Apple this week (messed up live stream and non availability of Apple Store at various times during this mornings I6 launch). Apple are reporting record demand for their handsets with many regions now having to wait between 3/4 weeks for the I6 plus model (production difficulties, limiting supplies) and 7/10 days for the standard I6 model.

The live stream I agree with, total farce. The online ordering though I had no problems with! Went on at about 08.39, ordered the wrong one, went on again an hour later and ordered the correct one.happy days.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The live stream I agree with, total farce. The online ordering though I had no problems with! Went on at about 08.39, ordered the wrong one, went on again an hour later and ordered the correct one.happy days.

Some people were lucky, but there were major issues that all the technical websites picked up on. Parts of the US didn't come up until 2 hours after the store was meant to open.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've decided to NOT go and pick up the iPhone 6 Plus I have on reservation at Brighton, although it seems there's an easy £200+ to be made by picking it up and chucking it straight on eBay as the Apple Store is now quoting a 3-4 week lead time.

However, I am disappointed to read that the iPhone 6 battery life is no different to iPhone 5/5S in early reviews. The extra battery and optical stabilisation in the 6 Plus would be very welcome but I just don't think I want a phone that big to use all the time.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I've decided to NOT go and pick up the iPhone 6 Plus I have on reservation at Brighton, although it seems there's an easy £200+ to be made by picking it up and chucking it straight on eBay as the Apple Store is now quoting a 3-4 week lead time.

However, I am disappointed to read that the iPhone 6 battery life is no different to iPhone 5/5S in early reviews. The extra battery and optical stabilisation in the 6 Plus would be very welcome but I just don't think I want a phone that big to use all the time.

The iPhone 6’s battery is one of the primary beneficiaries of both this relentless tweaking — and the addition of some new hardware real estate. The phone can easily last me a day and a half, from one morning to the next afternoon, no matter how much I use it. I still charge it almost every night, but at least I’m not forced to baby the battery just to get it through dinner anymore.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/16/6154975/iphone-6-review

??

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Mine apparently is out for delivery according to syncreon but with which company I have no idea !
Thought it would be out with UPS but syncreon says it is in Burgess Hill and now out for delivery, glad I went for the 6+ now, after what Bozza has just said.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/apple-iphone-6/

"The Bad / In early tests, the iPhone 6's battery doesn't fare any better than last year's model. Some Android phones fit an even-larger 5-inch screen into the same size frame. It lacks the optical image stabilization of the bigger, more expensive 6 Plus."

http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/apple-iphone-6/2/

"Battery life In the quest to create a super-thin iPhone, maybe Apple should have thought about a thicker iPhone with better battery life instead. Apple's claims are about an hour more Wi-Fi and LTE Web browsing, an hour more video playback, 4 hours more talk time, and 10 hours more audio playback than the iPhone 5S.

Our CNET video-loop battery test, which tests playback of a CNET video with Airplane mode on and screen set to half brightness, lasted 10 hours and 38 minutes, versus 11 hours on the iPhone 5S (running iOS 7). We'll be running that test a few more times, so stay tuned for a final battery score. My casual use, doing downloads, heavy Web browsing, endless social-media checks, photos, video streaming, and all the stuff I normally do on my iPhone, showed the same type of battery drain I've gotten used to on the iPhone 5S. It's enough to hang in for a chunk of the day, but it's not the all-day-plus battery life I wanted on a new iPhone."

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/apple-iphone-6/

"The Bad / In early tests, the iPhone 6's battery doesn't fare any better than last year's model. Some Android phones fit an even-larger 5-inch screen into the same size frame. It lacks the optical image stabilization of the bigger, more expensive 6 Plus."

http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/apple-iphone-6/2/

"Battery life In the quest to create a super-thin iPhone, maybe Apple should have thought about a thicker iPhone with better battery life instead. Apple's claims are about an hour more Wi-Fi and LTE Web browsing, an hour more video playback, 4 hours more talk time, and 10 hours more audio playback than the iPhone 5S.

Our CNET video-loop battery test, which tests playback of a CNET video with Airplane mode on and screen set to half brightness, lasted 10 hours and 38 minutes, versus 11 hours on the iPhone 5S (running iOS 7). We'll be running that test a few more times, so stay tuned for a final battery score. My casual use, doing downloads, heavy Web browsing, endless social-media checks, photos, video streaming, and all the stuff I normally do on my iPhone, showed the same type of battery drain I've gotten used to on the iPhone 5S. It's enough to hang in for a chunk of the day, but it's not the all-day-plus battery life I wanted on a new iPhone."

Who do we BELIEVE!!! :ohmy:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who do we BELIEVE!!! :ohmy:

I guess it's too early to draw any real conclusions, but I'm not feeling optimistic.

I must admit - I just don't get the ongoing drive to have the thinnest phone, so much so that on the 6 the camera lens protrudes.

I would happily choose a phone that is 2mm thicker if that translated into increased battery life, and 2mm would make a massive difference.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here