Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How much are they?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Don't spread the word. It's not a first come first served but a lottery draw from everyone who applies. The more people who know the more will apply. Keep it quiet.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I got mine 2 months ago - 2 tickets for both games. Rugby clubs and RFU members get priority I believe

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Although I'm delighted to see more people want to get involved with rugby, it is a shame that us genuine long term fans of egg chasing have no more chance of taking in the games than the thousands of people who just fancy it because it's there.

I'll be in the ballot but just like the Olympics when I got diddly jack shit I'll not be holding my breath

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Although I'm delighted to see more people want to get involved with rugby, it is a shame that us genuine long term fans of egg chasing have no more chance of taking in the games than the thousands of people who just fancy it because it's there.

I'll be in the ballot but just like the Olympics when I got diddly jack shit I'll not be holding my breath

To be fair up to this year we had been members of exiles, London Irish, so would have applied via them.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
How much are they?

image.jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Having a PSL, which was meant to give me priority on suchlike, I'm still waiting for the opportunity to decline any offer

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm a rugby club member, so got 4 tickets for the Samoa game already through the Rugby community priority period. Looking forward to it already.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looks like at them prices it's the Samoa USA game.

GO USA!!!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
For those looking to buy tickets for the Amex games.

There are 2.1m tickets in total.

Rugby clubs were given 500,000, so about 25%.

That leaves 1.6m tickets for general sale. But VIP tickets are included in that, so for the Amex, 1901 seats means about 3,000 are already accounted for. Also visiting supporters could have bought packages already, but how many fans would have done that from USA/Samoa/SA/Japan is anyone's guess.

So assuming everything is pro-rata, about 7,500 tickets were given to rugby clubs for each match. I know that the Sunday game was 'sold out' as I had a club login to buy tickets and there were no more available. Not sure about the Saturday game, but lets assume it was. Take off the 1901 club seats, and you've got about 20,000 left for general sale for each match.

I'm sure it will sell out but I really doubt it will be massively over subscribed, although the news channels are reporting that ticket touts with sophisticated software programs are going to flood the application process and as its a ballot will inevitably end up with 000's of tickets - the resale of these tickets has not been made illegal. Will they do this for all games or just the 'top' games is anyone's guess.

Cat A is WSL & ESL. Cat B is ESU & WSU. Cat C is the 'corners'. Cat D North & South. Not sure of the boundary for Cat C but obviously it covers some of the North/South and some of WSL/ESL. Child tickets are only available for Cat C & Cat D.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Prices at the Amex are unbelievable value compared to London games.

Really? Take a look at whats on offer to 1901 members,

TICKET CATEGORY A PACKAGE
• Early access to your in-stadium VIP restaurant
• Category A seats
• High quality pre and post-match hospitality
• Good quality food and beverage
• Guest speakers

South Africa v Asia 1 Sep-19 - £475 per person
Samoa v USA Sep-20 - £295 per person

DUAL TICKET PACKAGE:
BRIGHTON COMMUNITY STADIUM SERIES Sep-19th/20th - £695 per person

All prices shown are exclusive of VAT

Read more at http://www.the1901club.co.uk/news/rugby-world-cup-2015.php#hzScSVK7rHujZBJd.99

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bet American Express are delighted that for a worldwide event, the press releases about venues / tickets all refer to it as the "Brighton Community Stadium".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I bet American Express are delighted that for a worldwide event, the press releases about venues / tickets all refer to it as the "Brighton Community Stadium".

No sponsor/branding allowed outside of the RWC sponsors. I'd bet all Amex references will be covered up / removed during the games too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No sponsor/branding allowed outside of the RWC sponsors. I'd bet all Amex references will be covered up / removed during the games too.

Ahh, ok. Now you mention it, I think I remember hearing something similar about the World Cup, where all references to Visa had to be covered up because Mastercard were an official sponsor. Yup, those American Express banners will all be covered then no doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here