Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Educating the East End

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Your not missing anything, that is exactly how it should work, but I think the wider problem is the numbers. Giving out EU citizenship will only lead to an increase in immigration numbers for the UK and some other countries in the EU. That's not me being selfish, that's me being realistic in regards of what we can really offer people in the UK.

you are correct,to be honest though i opened this thread expecting a debate about a very interesting teacher/school issue,i should have slammed all my money on the exact opposite

D

Deleted member 22389

you are correct,to be honest though i opened this thread expecting a debate about a very interesting teacher/school issue,i should have slammed all my money on the exact opposite

So did I.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i disagree with the viewpoints of badfish all the time,i think he is flawed politically,however the fish does conduct himself well on here,(splitter).....perhaps remember that before generalising
We are all flawed politically old bean, nothing is perfect. The thing that separates us is our priorities.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Your not missing anything, that is exactly how it should work, but I think the wider problem is the numbers. Giving out EU citizenship will only lead to an increase in immigration numbers for the UK and some other countries in the EU. That's not me being selfish, that's me being realistic in regards of what we can really offer people in the UK and the numbers that we already have here.
I wonder if there is a county in the world who would consider themselves to have room for others. I live here in Australia which has plenty of room (not much water mind) and not many people (we don't even feel the need to live on more than one story). We still have plenty of those "**** off we're full" things.

My point is that over population is a global issue that can only be solved with global thinking rather than local thinking.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
in fairness,i dont think its fair to equate what we were doing 200 years ago and try and compare it to the freedom of movement people have today
The point I am making is that people have been moving about in greater and greater numbers since the year dot. It is human nature to explore and travel. To not recognise and accept that this is going to happen more and more as technology makes the world smaller is foolish imho. Multiculturalism isn't some idea dreamed up by some hairy lefty do gooder is is simply a stage of human evolution.

People moving and mixing has always happened. It is just that now people from further apart (culturally and geographically) are moving and mixing, this obviously has it's problems as some people find it hard to accept different cultures.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Go somewhere you do feel at home and stop moaning.

Majorities voted in successive governments who believe in multiculturalism so the people decided. There are many policies that I wish governments would bring in but majority rules in a democracy.

My lovely Muslim neighbour just bought me some tasty Italian bread. #livingthemultoculturaldream.
Oh do fu*k off you monumental clown , immigration is and always has been about cheap labour , nothing more and nothing less, none of these elected governments have run on a pro multiculturalism ticket , none, ever , they've conned the masses and we've ended up with the absolute fvcking mess that we've got now , the white working class has and still is getting shafted by the mainstream parties and *****ers like you who never have to deal with the effects off mass immigration in their particular hometown or district.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wonderful , put as many smirking , I'm so intellectually superior type posts as you like, I have nothing but genuine contempt for you and your ilk.

It wasn't intended as intellectually superior, but maybe you know better. As for you and whatever your ilk are I have nothing but :shrug:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Oh, you never have then , you're just another tosspot who lives in Sussex who never has his convictions put to the test :tosser:

what on EARTH are you on about?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
what on EARTH are you on about?

I asked where you lived in London and when , this was in response to your sarcastic post about me living in london, and my oft stated view that your views on immigration are largely irrelevant unless it affects the area where you were born and grew up,, you responded to my question with smilies , which I perceived as an attempt to avoid stating that you don't, and never have lived in London , but then you knew that really didnt you ?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I asked where you lived in London and when , this was in response to your sarcastic post about me living in london, and my oft stated view that your views on immigration are largely irrelevant unless it affects the area where you were born and grew up,, you responded to my question with smilies , which I perceived as an attempt to avoid stating that you don't, and never have lived in London , but then you knew that really didnt you ?

yep, I made a joke about your 'oft stated views'. That was the only contribution I wanted to make to yet ANOTHER thread I have opened that's full of your politics.

You're London thing and where I or whoever lives is your own little argument. Enjoy!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh do fu*k off you monumental clown , immigration is and always has been about cheap labour , nothing more and nothing less, none of these elected governments have run on a pro multiculturalism ticket , none, ever , they've conned the masses and we've ended up with the absolute fvcking mess that we've got now , the white working class has and still is getting shafted by the mainstream parties and *****ers like you who never have to deal with the effects off mass immigration in their particular hometown or district.
Keep banging the drum bushy, it is all the fault of the immigrants and none but you could possibly understand.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Keep banging the drum bushy, it is all the fault of the immigrants and none but you could possibly understand.
It is genius really, he can invalidate any argument based on whether the person had lived in tower hamlets or not. He can never lose

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I don't agree with a lot of Bushy's opinions on this subject but I will agree that it's very easy for the wealthy middle classes to adopt a very liberal attitute towards migration because frankly it wont affect them.

If a relatively wealthy Londoner for instance finds that their children are worse off in an inner city state school due to language issues in the classroom, poor standard of teaching ect they can simply move to the suberbs or the commuter belt, this happens on a huge scale and is an option not afforded to the poor. This is exactly what my parents did 25 years ago and i'm sure i'll follow a suit.

I love London, it's diversity, multiculturalism and feel most waves of migration have added something to the fabric of the community but as someone from a relatively wealthy middle class background i've never had to deal with the negativities, sure I've lived in deprived areas but through choice and moved freely with no obsticles. Essentially it's unfair for me to sneer at white working class Londoners who are very negative towards imigrants and imigration generally when they may experience issues that simply dont effect me.

Last edited:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
i disagree with the viewpoints of badfish all the time,i think he is flawed politically,however the fish does conduct himself well on here,(splitter).....perhaps remember that before generalising

You are right, I should have took the advice of move very seriously. I could do what he has done and move to that well known multicultural country, Australia.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't agree with a lot of Bushy's opinions on this subject but I will agree that it's very easy for the wealthy middle classes to adopt a very liberal attitute towards migration because frankly it wont affect them.

If a relatively wealthy Londoner for instance finds that their children are worse off in an inner city state school due to language issues in the classroom, poor standard of teaching ect they can simply move to the suberbs or the commuter belt, this happens on a huge scale and is an option not afforded to the poor. This is exactly what my parents did 25 years ago and i'm sure i'll follow a suit.

I love London, it's diversity, multiculturalism and feel most waves of migration have added something to the fabric of the community but as someone from a relatively wealthy middle class background i've never had to deal with the negativities, sure I've lived in deprived areas but through choice and moved freely with no obsticles. Essentially it's unfair for me to sneer at white working class Londoners who are very negative towards imigrants and imigration generally when they may experience issues that simply dont effect me.

Though I certainly used a phrase I thought would spur debate on immigration this is also partly the point of the thread. The way to get yourself out of living in a dump which is filing with people you feel uncomfortable with is education. Education leads to a good job and a middle class lifestyle, or at least the option of it, as well as getting an insight in to other cultures so that, frankly, you feel more comfortable with them.

One thing stopping you getting this education may be a class full of people who have English as a second language but another is having it disturbed by a mouthy chav with an obsession with celebrity culture and shit music.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Though I certainly used a phrase I thought would spur debate on immigration this is also partly the point of the thread. The way to get yourself out of living in a dump which is filing with people you feel uncomfortable with is education. Education leads to a good job and a middle class lifestyle, or at least the option of it, as well as getting an insight in to other cultures so that, frankly, you feel more comfortable with them.

One thing stopping you getting this education may be a class full of people who have English as a second language but another is having it disturbed by a mouthy chav with an obsession with celebrity culture and shit music.

Why should people have to move out of their homes? Also I have seen areas that were not dumps that have go downhill seriously in the last twenty years.
I now have an house in Mottingham, but is it not a bit unfair that people who cannot afford to move as left feeling like outsiders, especially the elderly people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here