Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has everyone got back to ignoring England...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hate this apathy towards the England team, if everyone was so apathetic about Brighton we wouldn't have a team to support anymore. Just as some pathetic people have decided to support Germany or Spain we would all be supporting Chelsea or Man City. I'll be watching tonight because I'm English and support the England national team.

Personally I will be looking forward to watching Sterling, Henderson, Sturridge and Wilshere some of the brightest young players anywhere.

Sorry if that's not a fashionable point of view for all you trendy types that seem to take joy in our national team loosing.l

Its not so much apathy, its the fact that most of us have been let down too many times to care, and, as it is a friendly its even more pointless than usual.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'll be watching and supporting England, A bit frustrating we hav'nt got many decent players these days but it's still my national team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shhhh half of NSC are v plastic when it comes to our great country - they even start club v country threads :facepalm:

Plastic? Why plastic?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What an intelligent person you are not!

I'm on your side man. It was a roundabout way of saying: in this particular thread, if you don't show support for your national team (an attribute entirely defined by a piece of luck that resulted in your being born here) you'll be mocked and called 'Plastic'.

I could have just said that in the first place I guess.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Plastic? Why plastic?

So some one quotes u calling u a plastic :wanker: (rightly so) above me but you ignore that and decide to challenge me over the word they used originally. Top work.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Plastic? Why plastic?

You support a country that you have no direct relationship to, it's like me giving in Brighton and supporting Man City because Brighton are a bit shit and my girlfriend lives in Manchester.

But for some reason there's an element on NSC that handwave that, but it's only right you take some stick for it just like you would give some stick to a Surrey based Man United fan.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So some one quotes u calling u a plastic :wanker: (rightly so) above me but you ignore that and decide to challenge me over the word they used originally. Top work.

What you on about? You used the term plastic in your post so I'm asking you. If you are unable to answer the question then just admit it, but please don't try and swerve it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't say the England side is a joke, it's more a case of a combination of factors leading to apathy.

I listened with interest to an interview on Radio 5 Live last night with a chap from the English RFU talking about how links between the English Rugby Premiership and the body running the English national side had never been so good, and how they've established a Heads Of Agreement on how they'll both work together for the good of the England team. He was saying how both parties agree a successful England side is of mutual interest, and how they are both committed to bringing that about.

When have you EVER heard anything said like that with English football since the advent of the Prem?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I can't remember watching an England game where the players didn't put in 100% effort. I don't care if they're the best or worst team in the world, as long as they put in the effort I will support them.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
As always will be watching and cheering the boys on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here