Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has everyone got back to ignoring England...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Nothing will even start to change till Woy goes, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

If you think Englands problems are down to one man, i think you're sadly mistaken!

If it was only that simple! Where to begin; Once upon a time there was an England FA with very little brains and imagination and it had a cousin called the Premier League who was a little smarter but very greedy...........etc

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
was it the Athletics???

great wasn't it watching GB get all those gold medals

Agree. Shame Wiggo didn't get the gold but otherwise good.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Or perhaps because other things in life are more important than how the England team perform at the World Cup?

Then you obviously haven't noticed his constant sniping at this country. Thanks for trying to put me right though. You can pogue mahone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you German?

Genuine question as you seem to be a massive German fan. Are they your country or are you an International glory hunter?

Born in Brighton and I'm English. But I happen to live in Germany and am married to a half-German lady. I moved here for personal reasons and not to follow their football team. I support Brighton (still a season ticket holder) and follow the German team-please note my choice of words. I do like the country and Berlin a lot but some of my posts are tongue in cheek.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Then you obviously haven't noticed his constant sniping at this country. Thanks for trying to put me right though. You can pogue mahone.

I "snipe" at the government, the railways and national football team. Who doesn't? In fact I'm one of many complaining about the football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Born in Brighton and I'm English. But I happen to live in Germany and am married to a half-German lady. I moved here for personal reasons and not to follow their football team. I support Brighton (still a season ticket holder) and follow the German team-please note my choice of words. I do like the country and Berlin a lot but some of my posts are tongue in cheek.

Interesting. I got the impression that you supported Germany over England hence my original question. Having lived in both France and Spain during my life I confess to lending my support to both when they are not playing England but I am stuck with having to support England at football which is a shame. However I love supporting us at rugby union, with a soft spot for the way the French play.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nowt will change when he does go either. England simply don't have the players.

Indeed.

I dont know why people think we have a hidden bunch of players that will come out when Roy goes.

We dont, which makes it even more bemusing why people want Rooney dropped, I see Wellbeck has suddenly become a world beater and should take his place on the back of his move.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Viewing figures are out.

England v Norway, 4.5m
Bake-Off, 8.3m

Amazing, really.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting. I got the impression that you supported Germany over England hence my original question. Having lived in both France and Spain during my life I confess to lending my support to both when they are not playing England but I am stuck with having to support England at football which is a shame. However I love supporting us at rugby union, with a soft spot for the way the French play.

I have a lot of admiration for them and especially the way the authorities reacted when they hit a trough 10 years or so ago. The fruits of this reaction were there for all to see in Brazil. I am not really bothered with England these days so it may appear I support one over the other but the only team I truly support is Brighton. I admire and enjoy watching others though, just like you. I also like UK Athletics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here