Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ebay item beware - Albion adidas top

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
The wing of the Seagull, as you look at it, the one on the left, is all wobbly, not the sweeping arc that you can see on Michael Robinson's version. It's a pretty bad fake and anyhoo I don't remember seeing an Adidas Albion top like that in the 80's.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The other adidas one we wore in the First Division days was the navy blue one with white sleeves with British Caledonian Airways on the back. And there was a white one with black sleeves.

As others have said, we didn't wear a tracksuit like the one on eBay...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Total fake Seagull and writing is totally wrong

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
The badge is all wrong. However, the Dufus has kindly included a picture of Michael Robinson wearing the Adidas B-Cal shirt with the actual badge on it so you can compare and contrast.:facepalm:

D

Deleted User X18H

It appears the seller is trying (very badly) to replicate the 1983 Cup Final Tracksuit tops as worn some players in the Pre match warm up.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think it's more an attempt to create a tracksuit version of the British Caledonian kit. A noble endeavour, if it wasn't for the deception.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I guess the seller is subtle enough with his descriptions now to ensure he doesn't really suggest his items are anything but 'a vintage top with a [teamname] badge on it'.
He says: "This jacket is from the early 1980's not a modern re-make." That doesn't seem subtle to me.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Hi,
I'm a bit of a crook and have been rumbled. Hope that helps.

he still hasn't changed the description though...

"Classic Adidas ventex vintage Brighton football jacket/ warm up top. This jacket is from the early 1980's not a modern re-make.
The jacket is in the Adidas Ventex style with the small collar. It has the club badge embroidered into the material and a large Adidas trefoil.
The jacket is a small by today's standards measuring 19 inches from pit to pit. The jacket is in very good condition considering its age. The zip works well and the colour has not faded.
I shall send the jacket by recorded delivery."

i'd report him if i could be arsed.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I have an original B.Cal Shirt from that era. That badge is completely wrong. There was never an "FC" on the underside. It was "The Seagulls".

Knockoff snide as dodgy as a nine pound note.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
he still hasn't changed the description though...

"Classic Adidas ventex vintage Brighton football jacket/ warm up top. This jacket is from the early 1980's not a modern re-make.
The jacket is in the Adidas Ventex style with the small collar. It has the club badge embroidered into the material and a large Adidas trefoil.
The jacket is a small by today's standards measuring 19 inches from pit to pit. The jacket is in very good condition considering its age. The zip works well and the colour has not faded.
I shall send the jacket by recorded delivery."

i'd report him if i could be arsed.

I did report it yesterday, but it's still listed!

Maybe more of us should report him!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Attachments

• $iii_57 (Small).JPG
    $iii_57 (Small).JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 128

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here