Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace 'Holmesdale Fanatics' protest against Sky Sports

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

I don't agree with the money and everything that goes with modern day football/Sky Sports but surely no need to burn down your own town over it? (again)

:ffsparr:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Walking around residential streets shouting, swearing, letting off fireworks, and basically acting like dicks is not a protest.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I bet at-least half of them watch Sky Sports regularly aswell... Attention seeking morons!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Epitome of hypocrisy; biting the hand that feeds them. They're more than happy to spend silly money on players, money gained from the Sky TV rights deal and accepting their "returning" fans who'll disappear the moment Palace are relegated. They desperately try to portray this AMF/ultra image, that'll create a shoddy banner for national tv.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh dear..........

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I agree with the sentiment, however I disagree strenuously with the execution. Forgetting it was the HF/Palace or A Prem team for a second, I read a lot of posts on here that have exactly the same point of view. Sky has ruined football to the extent that its meant the likes of Palace or Brighton will never be able to win the topflight without first getting a multibillionaire foreign owner. Sky has ruined football to the extent that one week of wages from Rooney would be able to wipe out the debts of the vast majority of the sides in the conference put together. Its wrong.

Yes we are taking the Sky money, but what do you expect a club in a competition to do? Refuse to go up?

Now as for the way the protest was handled - it was dead wrong. They deliberately went out to create an intimidatory atmosphere knowing full well that it was likely to terrify young kids/bystanders who were there. They could have made a peaceful protest that would have won far more supporters. However, whilst accepting that what they did tonight was wrong, or at least the way they went about it I can still be proud of the atmosphere they've created at Selhurst.

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree with the sentiment, however I disagree strenuously with the execution. Forgetting it was the HF/Palace or A Prem team for a second, I read a lot of posts on here that have exactly the same point of view. Sky has ruined football to the extent that its meant the likes of Palace or Brighton will never be able to win the topflight without first getting a multibillionaire foreign owner. Sky has ruined football to the extent that one week of wages from Rooney would be able to wipe out the debts of the vast majority of the sides in the conference put together. Its wrong.

Yes we are taking the Sky money, but what do you expect a club in a competition to do? Refuse to go up?

Now as for the way the protest was handled - it was dead wrong. They deliberately went out to create an intimidatory atmosphere knowing full well that it was likely to terrify young kids/bystanders who were there. They could have made a peaceful protest that would have won far more supporters. However, whilst accepting that what they did tonight was wrong, or at least the way they went about it I can still be proud of the atmosphere they've created at Selhurst.

I agree, I fing hate Sky Sports too. Soon there will be no football left on TV. Sky has every supporter and every club by the balls. I have always said this can't last forever, but it seems to be actually getting bigger. Can football have a recession? I remember when Italian football held all the power, all the money, all the best players and then the focus started shifting to Spain and then the UK. Paul Barber said the money clubs like Fulham get in Parachute Payments is more than the whole of Brighton makes through the 1901, or something like that. Just shows how silly it has got. If we are finding it difficult, how are clubs smaller than us coping.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I really hate people that thinks it's fine to do that in someone's neighbourhood.

Palace chavs ruining the community since 1998 (I'm assuming they are max 16?)

However I am very much a fence sitter with sky sports, I love being able to watch all the games and some of the best players, but hate the gulf between clubs now. I do feel
It's ironic that these fans would be the same that gloated about all the money when they were promoted and all the 'improvements' they have been able to make to Sellhurst as a result.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Very ironic that it was by a club that has supporters that only pitch up for the premiership and who were so indifferent about their clubs future when out of the premiership that they couldn't be bothered to protest or mobilise to safeguard their future. Also that they 'follow' a club that had chased the dream by screwing over other businesses not once but twice.

Its the premiership not sky that's the problem with football. The premiership made sky.

Those protesting were doing so in an attempt to further their latest reinvention at trying to look the part. Too bloody late, you and your club are a bloody embarrassment and represent all that is wrong with football.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Be careful of what you wish for : they are now guaranteed to get less live coverage on Sky Sports lowering TV Income snowballing to include lower shirt sponsor, pitch side & altogether less attractive to all funding sources inc foreign buyer.
This will increase relegation prospects and hopefully repeat itself in the Championship until they level out just below Fleetwood Town in League 1
Clever, if this is what they want (or is it?)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Good post mate.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That is one of the most pathetic things I've seen for a while. Surely most of them aren't old enough to remember pre 1992 anyway?

Good for them, looks like they don't just rip off St Pauli's songs, but do make an effort to echo some of their more interesting anti-corporate football themes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here