Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you come across any of the team in 'real life' settings?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
[MENTION=4195]footychick[/MENTION] came across Kurt Nogan or was it the other way round?

I think the last player I spoke to was Craig Noone in Sally's Store and he was charming.

I spoke to Leon Knight once and he blanked me. Just after a 1-0 reverse to Sheffield United.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Danny culip Charlie Oatway were regularly in my pub eating along with others on occasions plus Chris Adams who come in at twice a week.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Met Sir Norman as part of an introduction to a new team at work, obviously went over and genuflected. Had chat later.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
We saw Dale Stephens & his family in the Marina Harvester just after he signed...my boys and his little girl started playing together for a bit while he spent most of his time on his mobile...

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Sat opposite Adam Virgo in that floating Chinese restaurant next to West Quay pub at Brighton marina, many years ago now!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Had a hot chocolate and a chat with Nooney a couple of seasons ago when they came to Worthing Fc, my ex literally squelched out to the car after talking to him for 10 minutes. Also got selfies with Gus and Tanno, CMS (a couple of days after he'd signed, lovely fella).

Oh and also turned into a gibbering wreck meeting Spanish Dave in Donatellos about a fortnight after earning immortality (in my eyes) with THAT free kick.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Had a pint with Sully in the Warwick in Worthing back in the 90's. Served Garry Nelson and Steve Piper when I worked in a bookshop.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Sat at a table in Cafe Rouge dahn the Marina next to a very depressed looking Ryan Harley and Will Hoskins when they were both in the wilderness, they were both drinking glasses of white wine like it was some kinda dinner date.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Brez in gyratory Sainsburys a year or so back

Topless Calde sitting with his dog supping a smoothie on a blazing summer's day down by the basketball courts on the seafront a year or so back.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Met Spanish Dave Lopez at an open evening at my dentists a couple of years back (no, really!). He didnt speak much english (or pretended not to ;-) )... Our conversation went something like: "Good luck against Watford on Saturday!" He: "Sank yoo".
I dont expect I'll feature much in his autobiography, if he ever writes one!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Met Spanish Dave Lopez at an open evening at my dentists a couple of years back

Why does a dentist have an open evening? And more importantly, why would you want to go to it?

I haven't seen any players out and about for years. In the past I've stood next to Jimmy Case in the bogs at Shades; seen Gerry Fell and Mark Lawrenson in Hove Park, saw Graham Cross in a post office (possibly casing the joint), once clocked Steve Piper jogging on a midweek evening (dedication for you) and still regularly see Tony Towner around (he lives a few streets away). I guess I don't go to the right places to see the players now - I mean, I've never been to a Nandos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here