dunk-300814-ld229-1886556_478x359.jpg

Lewis Dunk
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
05:00 1st September 2014
by Mollie Bennett
I'm learning off him every day and he’s been really helpful for me. "
Lewis Dunk

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Lewis Dunk paid tribute to the influence of his new manager Sami Hyypia after an impressive two-goal performance at the Amex on Saturday. Centre-half Dunk scored both goals in Albion’s 2-2 draw with Charlton - including a stoppage time leveller - and says Hyypia has already had a massive positive influence on his career.Dunk - now Albion's leading scorer with three goals already this season - said, "When I saw him get appointed I was excited to learn from him. He’s done it at the top level in the Champions League final. I'm learning off him every day and he’s been really helpful for me.
"Obviously as a centre-half my main job is to defend but it's nice to get a few goals now and again, but I'm really pleased to be in the team; the competition for places is really good which makes you raise your game.
"We want to play from the back and get forward so I'm just enjoying scoring. It’s just being in the right place at the right time, so I'm just getting there and scoring.
"Gordon and I work off each other. One of us goes one time, and the other the next and hopefully one of us gets a chance and it's working at the moment.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

"It's pleasing to get a point, but frustrating at the same time as I think we deserved more. We had most of the possession but we didn't take our chances. They only had one chance other than their two goals so it was frustrating for us at the back to let two goals in.

"We have great character as a team we always keep going right to the end. We always believe we can win every game and it shows the character we've got in the team as we've come back twice now."David Stockdale went up for the corner and caused a disruption in the Charlton box which led to Dunk’s last minute equaliser.
"Keepers always cause chaos when they go up," he joked. "They don't know what they're doing they're just running around!
“I thought he was going to score but luckily he didn't, as we wouldn't have heard the last of it!”*
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h]saturday 20TH september, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h]SATURDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h]saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here