Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
When COG was bought we did not have our other forward options. Without injuries he is going to find it tough this season to make an impression. He is though a different option and if chances are made for him he may be decent at taking them. The fact he takes penalties suggests he has a decent strike, given the chance. He at least hit the target re. Sheff Wed and it took a decent save from the keeper to stop him scoring.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
With the lack of reserve team football there is no point in having a huge squad anymore.

I can see Kemy going out on loan, and possibly Ince.

I would like us to bring in a young right-back, equivalent to Chicksen on the other side, a young player we can develop.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
@soccer_sauce: Hearing that Brighton have made an enquiry for Aberdeen forward Niall McGinn #BHAFC
Double shrug

Shouldn't read too much into that but it does appear coincidentally that he's followed Paddy McCourt around for much of his career, they were both at Derry and both received bullets in the post whilst at Celtic, and NI internationals, prob good mates.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With the lack of reserve team football there is no point in having a huge squad anymore.

Still logic in a 24 or so squad - Injuries, SH likes to rotate the squad, a 46+ game season, Several over age players can play in Dev Squad games, Encourages others to play for their place, 7 places on bench. Possibility that a couple might go out on loan but squads in depth are usually what Champ clubs go for these days.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
With the transfer window slamming shut for another summer, the annual ritual of last minute rumours are in full force. The Sun – not always the most reliable source – are rehashing speculation that Brighton & Hove Albion have not given up on their interest in Lee Wallace. The English Championship club were linked to the Rangers left back a few weeks ago when they supposedly make a bid in the range of £600,000 – £800,000.

This talk of clubs putting in bids for Lee Wallace has become customary with each & every transfer season. A new name mentioned in the latest transfer talks is one that Rangers supporters have been dreading ever since he emerged as an 18 year old during the 2012-13 season.

Lewis MacLeod was included in The Sun’s report & is a player that wasn’t going to avoid transfer talk for too much longer. The article suggests that Rangers would be willing to part with, arguably its two finest players, for a package deal with a price tag of £3 million.

Obviously with Rangers being strapped for cash, this latest round of rumours is bound to gain some traction.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We've got close to ten millionish still in the kitty from transfers out from January.

Part of me thinks save it, another part of me thinks blow a big chunk on a Vicente type signing. Damn deadline day making me irrational :albion2:

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
With the transfer window slamming shut for another summer, the annual ritual of last minute rumours are in full force. The Sun – not always the most reliable source – are rehashing speculation that Brighton & Hove Albion have not given up on their interest in Lee Wallace. The English Championship club were linked to the Rangers left back a few weeks ago when they supposedly make a bid in the range of £600,000 – £800,000.

This talk of clubs putting in bids for Lee Wallace has become customary with each & every transfer season. A new name mentioned in the latest transfer talks is one that Rangers supporters have been dreading ever since he emerged as an 18 year old during the 2012-13 season.

Lewis MacLeod was included in The Sun’s report & is a player that wasn’t going to avoid transfer talk for too much longer. The article suggests that Rangers would be willing to part with, arguably its two finest players, for a package deal with a price tag of £3 million.

Obviously with Rangers being strapped for cash, this latest round of rumours is bound to gain some traction.

We should be able to spend £3M and save/pay off debts with the rest. Should we bring in some youth for now & the future? (or do we sit tight?)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So in other news:

Falcao to Man U on loan
Duncan McCarthur (Wigan) to Palace for fee up to £6.5m
Palace are also after Freyers from Spurs, and Hooper from Norwich.
West Ham after Nastasic (defender from Man City) on loan

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Various people on twitter are speaking about Suso signing on loan, just wishful thinking more than anything.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So in other news:

Falcao to Man U on loan
Duncan McCarthur (Wigan) to Palace for fee up to £6.5m
Palace are also after Freyers from Spurs, and Hooper from Norwich.
West Ham after Nastasic (defender from Man City) on loan
Good player.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find Man Utd signing Falcao absolute hilarious.

They've now got Falcao, Robin van Persie, Juan Mata, Wayne Rooney and Angel Di Maria. And four Titus Brambles in defence. The most expensive mid-table team in the world.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I don't really expect any activity but I'll be checking NSC all day in anticipation of something happening. Here are some complete stabs in the dark.

Possible loans in:
None

Possible loans out:
Maxi
Walton
Harris
Rea
Muit
Cole
Hunt
Toko
Agustien

Possible Transfers out:
March - Southampton (Big money)
CMS - Leeds/Norwich (Or he needs to sign another long term contract with us)
Lua Lua - Southampton?

Possible Tranfers in:
3rd choice RB
4th choice CB if Maxi leaves
Striker if CMS disappears
Winger/AM if March vanishes

I would gutted be if KLL leaves us, and I mean GUTTED. Love the player, may not be brilliant for 90 mins but what an impact sub.

If he went to Southampton cant see him getting too much game time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
When COG was bought we did not have our other forward options. Without injuries he is going to find it tough this season to make an impression. He is though a different option and if chances are made for him he may be decent at taking them. The fact he takes penalties suggests he has a decent strike, given the chance. He at least hit the target re. Sheff Wed and it took a decent save from the keeper to stop him scoring.

Yep, I agree with this. However, if COG is to make any sort of impression, he at least needs to be on the bench. Against Charlton he wasn't, and it's not entirely clear to me who Sami would drop from the bench to make way for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here