Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HM Govt get tough on terrorism.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Might those returning have had a change of heart, having seen the reality, and actually be valuable advocates to use against others going?
Those returning should be interviewed and monitored as potential threats, but I don't see how you can refuse entry to a British Citizen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe if you are a Lib Dem you don't see be-heading as a breach of human right's ?

maybe as a QC and familiar with law, Campbell recognises that breaching one's human rights is not the correct responce to one breaching the rights of another. there's rule of law here, not summary executions, and if we forget that we are losing alot more than one mans life.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Might those returning have had a change of heart, having seen the reality, and actually be valuable advocates to use against others going?
Those returning should be interviewed and monitored as potential threats, but I don't see how you can refuse entry to a British Citizen.
Change of heart:lolol:
These people are brainwashed pal and only a fool would say such a thing...So that means cameron will completely agree with you.

Don't care if they were born here...They may have a passport,but they have no interest in being proud of that,just don't let them back in as we don't need those types here end of.

Cameron really is getting worse and a complete utter clown,gutless man.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Agree. Cameron is clueless on this. Knee-jerk hysterical ill thought out laws. I particularly like the line about how the security level now implies an attack is imminent, but the government have no evidence of any plots. Go figure. The last roll of the dice from a government which knows it will lose the next election.

Yeah can't wait for Miliband to be on the international stage flexing his political muscle on this kind of situation.

Allah help us!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i dont think you understand what has been explained to you.

the threat level has been raised to severe(an attack is highly likely) from substantial (an attack is a strong possibility)

no one is saying an attack is imminent(except you),an imminent attack would only be implied if the threat level were raised again to critical

Okay, one word is wrong but my sentiment still stands.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go on then Tubbs ...... give us the benefit... what's your response likely to be?..... stop slagging off at every turn, those who are responding to this IS threat, a recent manifestation of course, let us know how you think the threat can be tackled....... for once, post an answer instead of an endless stream of questions.

I posted Paddy Ashdown's interview in the other thread. I agree with his thoughts on the matter. There's my answer.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It says "We are also looking at stopping British citizens from re-entering the country if they are suspected of terrorist activity abroad."
Doesn't say who has to suspect them, the home office, police, border agency, RSPCA ? Surely we need a bit more than beardy men arriving home after spending a few months abroad ?
I'm all for chucking them out, and if that renders them stateless then tough, but it has to be proven in a court of law.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah can't wait for Miliband to be on the international stage flexing his political muscle on this kind of situation.

Allah help us!

Of course, we've seen Cameron flexing his political muscle quite recently, 26-2 was the result :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Change of heart:lolol:
These people are brainwashed pal and only a fool would say such a thing...So that means cameron will completely agree with you.

Don't care if they were born here...They may have a passport,but they have no interest in being proud of that,just don't let them back in as we don't need those types here end of.

Cameron really is getting worse and a complete utter clown,gutless man.

Yes, change of heart, brainwashing can be undone, there is even hope for you.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes, change of heart, brainwashing can be undone, there is even hope for you.
Its views like yours that sum up british society....All this soppy soppy rubbish isn't going to get us anywhere.

To many naive and gullible people that are blinded by whats going on around them

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
It says "We are also looking at stopping British citizens from re-entering the country if they are suspected of terrorist activity abroad."
Doesn't say who has to suspect them, the home office, police, border agency, RSPCA ? Surely we need a bit more than beardy men arriving home after spending a few months abroad ?
I'm all for chucking them out, and if that renders them stateless then tough, but it has to be proven in a court of law.
What if it was proved in a court of law just without the defendant present?

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
So far, none of the exceptionally wise and articulate persons who have posted on this thread have said
- exactly what they would do in response to the "situation"
- how it will overcome the problem in the short-term
- any further actions they believe they may be required to take in the medium- to long-term.

It's a bit like making suggestions as to which starting line-up a manager should select, when he should make substitutions etc. No accountability or responsibility for decisions.

Brilliant.

Here we go then, I'll take the bait! If people are leaving these shores to fight to create the Islamic State then they are rejecting British citizenship in favour of another country, so if we take away their British passports they will not be seen as stateless but as citizens of the IS. Anyone trying to re-enter this country could then be deported according to international law. (One-nil)

In the short term this will discourage all the wannabes who enjoy the western lifestyle from going and just leave the violent fanatics who would prefer to live in a country based on a medieval blood-lust rather than one of accountability and democratic principals. (Two-nil)

If we then declare war on IS we wouldn't have to actually fight them but just build some Prisoner of War camps in the UK and run them under the auspices of the Geneva Convention and lock up anyone deemed to be engaging in war against us, be they Islamic extremists or anyone else. (Three-nil)

How about that.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Here we go then, I'll take the bait! If people are leaving these shores to fight to create the Islamic State then they are rejecting British citizenship in favour of another country, so if we take away their British passports they will not be seen as stateless but as citizens of the IS. Anyone trying to re-enter this country could then be deported according to international law. (One-nil)

In the short term this will discourage all the wannabes who enjoy the western lifestyle from going and just leave the violent fanatics who would prefer to live in a country based on a medieval blood-lust rather than one of accountability and democratic principals. (Two-nil)

If we then declare war on IS we wouldn't have to actually fight them but just build some Prisoner of War camps in the UK and run them under the auspices of the Geneva Convention and lock up anyone deemed to be engaging in war against us, be they Islamic extremists or anyone else. (Three-nil)

How about that.

IS will not be given recognition as a state.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It will if we send the great Baroness Ashton over there in her finest EU robes to negotiate its creation.

:lolol: then your plan might work

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Knee jerk reactions are the worst kind,

Agree. Cameron is clueless on this. Knee-jerk hysterical ill thought out laws.

slightly confused as to how these reactions to the problem are knee jerked when none us know exactly what is proposed,from my understanding Cameron will outline what is proposed today(Monday),surely only then it will be time to judge accordingly.

perhaps the two posters above can give exact details of what Cameron will be saying and proposing later on today before he says it and therefore back up their knee jerk reaction stance......im sure you still have time before his announcement

Last edited:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I posted Paddy Ashdown's interview in the other thread. I agree with his thoughts on the matter. There's my answer.

Absolute tosh, anything from the mouth of a lib dem. ex SAS or not, the bloke a ****ing idiot.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Agree. Cameron is clueless on this. Knee-jerk hysterical ill thought out laws. I particularly like the line about how the security level now implies an attack is imminent, but the government have no evidence of any plots. Go figure. The last roll of the dice from a government which knows it will lose the next election.

Remind me which government imprisoned terrorist 'suspects' without trial and using secret courts ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here