Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's 17 long years to the day, that Princess Diana was mur.......died in tragic accident.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The FA cancelled my Sunday League game that day.

and they cancelled the Liverpool v Newcastle game.

F the FA

..............and don't forget to wear a seatbelt.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'll retract my first post and will give it a thought. What ever happened to that nutter pretending to be her butler and confidant?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'll retract my first post and will give it a thought. What ever happened to that nutter pretending to be her butler and confidant?

Paul Burrell. He was her butler; who knows about how much she trusted him.

http://www.paulburrellrvm.com/

The RVM in the URL stands for "Royal Victorian Medal", which is a gong (the lowest class) that is awarded to long-serving members of the Household staff. He's modest then. But I think we knew that already.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Royal Butlers are not to be trusted. Wasn't the Queens butler found to be a pedophile? Diana's Butler drove her into a wall?

All sounds too fishy to me.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It always bothered me that she predicted how she would die before it happened, and accused someone of plotting to do it. It's not proof, but it would have been part of the investigation if she had been anyone other than who she was.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It always bothered me that she predicted how she would die before it happened, and accused someone of plotting to do it. It's not proof, but it would have been part of the investigation if she had been anyone other than who she was.

I think the same. Amongst other things there was no way they were going to let her marry a Muslim and allow her to potentially give Wills and Harry a Muslim half brother/sister. Was never going to happen!

Didn't the Queen warn Diana about 'dark forces at work' that she had no control over? I don't think Diana took much notice...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Only one of 2 times I have found a Prime Minister do something that is pretty creepy and scary. Both were Tony Blair.

Jumping on the Bandwagon of Mass Hysteria is the hallmark of a tyrant not a Democratic Leader, more North Korea than North London. The penny should of dropped then that Blair was a wrongun for anyone with an IQ above room temperature. His shameless milking of the tragedy is what I remember, couldn't give a stuff about the royals other than they piss off the republican whiners.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Who cares - she was an over-privileged airhead who had opportunity thrown at her at every turn. I hated the media-induced hysteria around her death that, unfortunately, still prevails today.

My dad died the day before, and i remember at the time feeling very confused by the outpouring of emotion.

Having said that LOVE YOU DAD X

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thankfully was overseas at the time and missed the whole saga. Tragic as though it was, 1997 was the birth of 24 hour news hysteria...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Were you caught cracking one off at work whilst watching it? If so, fair enough, it would have changed my life too.

Have you ever questioned what may of lead to that thought entering your head? Does everything in life make you think of cracking one off?

If that was supposed to be a rude joke, you got the rude bit right but the humour bit does needs work.

and by the way, the death of Diana deeply effected me.

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I thought this was a football based forum?!?!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I thought this was a football based forum?!?!

It is. What are you doing posting on a non-football related thread? It's people like you, posting where they shouldn't, that spoils the forum for those of us who only wish to post and read football-related stuff. Oh....

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
It is. What are you doing posting on a non-football related thread? It's people like you, posting where they shouldn't, that spoils the forum for those of us who only wish to post and read football-related stuff. Oh....

Yeah but we've ended up with a mod trying to sway the subject onto wonking in the work place. That also spoils a thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here