Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] STOCKDALE'S CLAIMS AN ASSIST!

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stockdale-300814-l229-1886619_478x359.jpg

David Stockdale
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:30 31st August 2014
by James Hilsum
I was more thinking about how we would celebrate if I scored."
David Stockdale

Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper David Stockdale cheekily claimed an assist after the role he played in Lewis Dunk’s last-gasp equaliser against Charlton Athletic.The shot-stopper went forward and caused panic in the Charlton box, before Kazenga LuaLua's ball found its way towards Dunk to power home his second header of the match to earn a share of the spoils.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "I was more thinking about how we would celebrate if I scored. I got a little touch on the ball, but it was more about causing havoc than anything else as we deserved something out of the game.
"They had two shots and scored from both of them. That's what happens if we don't pull together in the right manner or defend properly in the game.*
"It's frustrating because we were comfortable in the game, but they caught us on the break twice."
The Yorkshireman was also delighted for team-mate Dunk, who netted his second and third strikes of the season.
"He's been unbelievable. He didn't start in the team which was disappointing for him, but he fought his way back past a very good defender in Aaron Hughes and showed everyone how good he is.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

"He has that presence and is scoring goals now. He's a good passer of the ball and he'll learn from the other experienced defenders in the squad."Despite the disappointment of dropping two points at home, Stockdale says the squad's never-say-die attitude to grab their late leveller could prove vital throughout the season.
"Their second goal came from us over-playing a bit and some teams may have booted the ball up the pitch. We're going to lose goals from playing the ball out, but I'd rather see us play lovely football like we did today and accept that these things happen.
"As a team we pulled together and fought until the end.
"You can't breed that into some teams and they just go under. When we saw the board go up for stoppage time, we just kept pressing, but with purpose and I felt that we deserved something out of the game overall."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V blackpool
[/h] saturday 20TH sepTember, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V cardiff
[/h] tuesDAY 30th september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]Albion v middlesbrough
[/h] saturDAY 18TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here