Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster Caskey

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's a good, young player. Some lovely moment on the ball and a little tenacity too boot. Sometimes shows his naivety, especially with picking up silly bookings. He's got a bright future but he is very going and I expect him to be dropped once Stephens is available again. Right now he just needs to focus on his game and strive to keep his place ahead of Gardner.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People went mental at Poyet for not playing JFC, now he isn't good enough. Apart from the fact he has been called up to the England U21 squad?

Our fans really are mental. Is he the Barnes ?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Really don't think he is up to this level. No pace, can't defend or head, and very poor going forward, he was very good vs Swindon because that's his level. Gardner, Ince or McCourt need a start next game. I don't know what Hyppia see's in him. Needs to up his game

He can't be dropped as he's the poster boy. If he is played week in week out then we can forget about promotion or the worse the play offs. Such a dull player and not cut out for this level.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think he will make way for Stephens when he is fit. He plays the game with his head up and can pick a pass which is why he is on the pitch longer than crofts is.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Good job you lot are here because I was starting to believe Sami, Oscar and Englands U21 that he was a good player. Well I won't be wasting my time on him any more that's for certain.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Weakest link again today. He has been given his chances and clearly not up to it at this level. With the plethora of midfielders we now have he should be nowhere near the starting XI.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thought he had a good game today. He broke up a lot of their attacks and his deistribution was pretty good today (everyone mis-places passes from time to time) - Funny how people see matches and players contributions differently.

Maybe if he had cost a couple of million then he would have been rated highly by those moaning about his performance but because he is still learning his game, just breaking into the team and is still young and relatively inexperienced, they have decided to be very anti (as seen in some of the comments above) - Give him a chance, he will be a good player for us for years to come.

I think this is the key point for me. No player has a 100% pass completion rate and footballers are human and make mistakes. I don't mind if we make a sideways/backwards pass if it means having another phase of attack or even keeping possession rather than needlessly giving the ball away.

I do agree that once Gardner is settled in and when Stephens is back then his chances may become more limited but he's not that bad for the time being. Any people claiming that he will be the difference between promotion and not is being ridiculous.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Thought he was decent first half, less so in the second. Crap corners tho.
People say that he cannot play long passes, but today he spread the ball around really well in the first half, however the booking took the wind out of him and he gradually lost confidence. Was at fault for the second goal with Bennett when they both lost the ball from a throw. Could do with a break now with Gardener joining, but definately one for the future. Will be interesting how he does in the under 21 internationals coming up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Are we going to have this after game this season?

He is young and is doing incredibly well to hold his place. He makes mistakes like any young player but I believe long term he will be a quality player.

More importantly so does the England U21 manager and Sami Hyypia.

Get off his back.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are we going to have this after game this season?

He is young and is doing incredibly well to hold his place. He makes mistakes like any young player but I believe long term he will be a quality player.

More importantly so does the England U21 manager and Sami Hyypia.

Get off his back.

Yes. In the absence of Ashley Barnes and Spanish Dave someone has to be hated beyond all rational reason.

Step forward young JFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here