Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a big centre forward

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Final piece in the jigsaw for me, get some height in the side and we could finish top six, we only seem to have one tall player who has scored 3 goals already which isn't enough we need a big striker.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Disagree. Seen enough today to suggest we have enough already to compete for a top 6 place.

Pace, hunger, hard work and ability. Outweighs 'height' everyday of the week.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We've got a big centre forward. Lewis Dunk.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
would imagine COG is going to have to do as we already have more strikers than we can keep happy. Unless CMS moves on of course.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The old cliche.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
would imagine COG is going to have to do as we already have more strikers than we can keep happy. Unless CMS moves on of course.....

This...though if we want to use him as a plan B (let alone a plan A), it would help if he were on the bench...

Or we could be more patient and stop lobbing in hopeful balls - more quality delivery needed

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Do we really see some lumbering great plodder to make us effective?

No.

Have some bloody patience and let the team develop.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do we really see some lumbering great plodder to make us effective?

No.

Have some bloody patience and let the team develop.

Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed the game today. Frustrating, yes. But few seem to willing to acknowledge how well the Charlton Athletic back four were organised.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disagree. Seen enough today to suggest we have enough already to compete for a top 6 place.

Pace, hunger, hard work and ability. Outweighs 'height' everyday of the week.

This. I reckon. Patience.......team needs a bit of time to gel, that's all. The vision and movement, and, dare I say flair, of Tex and Adrian looks a bit ahead of the rest of the team. It'll come, we spare going to seriously batter some teams when it starts to click. Feeling confident.

And they had two full backs on the wings by the end.

There were a lot of very fine margins that nearly came off for us. Another day we could have easily won.

Or lost...let's not forget the free header they had near the end to make it 3-1

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I thought the interchange play between TShearer and Corlunga was excellent moving forward fast. This will develop into something special this season. Especially with Baldock ahead of them

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Final piece in the jigsaw for me, get some height in the side and we could finish top six, we only seem to have one tall player who has scored 3 goals already which isn't enough we need a big striker.

Very clear from today's performance that we need a target man, but doesn't need to be a big lump ... height important. Someone like Glenn Murray would do the job very nicely and bring considerable strength to our back line when defending corners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here