Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Reading

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He's scored 1 goal hasn't he since returning from injury, from a penalty? I wouldn't want us paying any fee (or 1m a year) for a 31 year old who's done nothing of note since a 9 month injury layoff. That one year - helped by playing with 2 wingers ripping up the division - was probably a flash in the pan of a journeyman career, mostly played in the 3rd division or lower.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is it terrible though, got him for nothing is costing them £1mill per season in wages and has not forced his way back into the team, which may suggest his injury could have left him not the player he was.

Valid points, I was just looking at the market value of Championship strikers, Murray has scored more than Deeney, Ulloa and McCormack, yes he's older but he's more valuable than £1.5m.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Valid points, I was just looking at the market value of Championship strikers, Murray has scored more than Deeney, Ulloa and McCormack, yes he's older but he's more valuable than £1.5m.
He is mate , but I feel he is going :nono: I wish him well .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I take your point, but what the other poster said about his injury is pertinent here. He's 31 (so has no sell-on value for a buying club), has been out for a long time with a serious knee problem, has one goal- a penalty- in over a year, and isn't playing games for Palace. Their fans quoting prices for the likes of McCormack, Ulloa & Deeney are in dreamworld.

I wondered if Warnock might give the bloke a go, but if Gayle is getting in the team now, it seems unlikely. I suspect £1.5m is about fair. They probably won't accept it, but I think that's very reasonable indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here