Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Charlton Athletic *** Official Match Thread ***

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm looking forward to the game today. It's a shame we didn't have this squad in place for the Sheffield Wednesday game, but I think we can all appreciate how difficult it is getting in the players that you want. Having now signed Colunga, Baldock and Holla we have covered all the bare positions. Teixeira is also a very useful addition in general, as are Bennett and Gardner.

If only that were the case.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Gutted - will now be missing the match. Got a puncture on the first part of the journey down. Tried to get the tyre replaced, but can't til Monday morning - <1000 miles on this tyre, £250 to replace.

The last time I was looking forward this much to a regular season match was the St Patrick's Day massacre. Gutted not to be there... but at least I have this thread to help me through...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No idea how this is going to play out. Must admit I'm apprehensive about Berg-Gudmunsen, Cousins and Vetokele, but on the other hand, Teixeira and Colunga running at Bikey and Ben Haim could be CARNAGE.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
#BHAFC team v #CAFC: Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bennett; Holla, Forster-Caskey, Crofts; Teixeira, Mackail-Smith, Colunga
What is Crofts offering in that team? Holla doesn't need a minder and the team doesn't need to be limited by Crofts lack of creativity or passing ability. He adds stability and defensive workrate but at home to Charlton? Him AND JFC is an unnecessary precaution. I don't advocate playing three defensive/holding midfielders in the same side.

That said, I like the attacking three and that should settle the game in our favour.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Is Player on yet?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What is Crofts offering in that team? Holla doesn't need a minder and the team doesn't need to be limited by Crofts lack of creativity or passing ability. He adds stability and defensive workrate but at home to Charlton? Him AND JFC is an unnecessary precaution. I don't advocate playing three defensive/holding midfielders in the same side.

That said, I like the attacking three and that should settle the game in our favour.

Since when are Crofts and JFC defensive/holding midfielders?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

I agree. Crofts looked very much out of place against Bolton and I would have preferred to have seen Gardner start in midfield today.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ive just been told to pay 4.49 a month for Seagulls Player. I thought there was a rolling payment every year... does it mean my subscription has come to an end and there is no automatic payment or is player playing up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here