Brighton & Hove Albion vs Charlton Athletic *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Kick Off: 3pm
Referee: Keith Hill

Brighton go into Saturday's game against Charlton full of confidence off the back of 3 straight wins against Leeds United and Bolton Wanderers in the league and a cup win after extra time against Swindon. With the glut of new signings made in the last couple of weeks manager Sami Hyypia has plenty of options at his disposal for the visit of the addicks. Striker Sam Baldock will be hoping to make his Albion debut but may have to settle for a place on the bench in view of Craig Mackail-Smith's fine recent form. Kazenga Lua Lua is doubtful whilst Dale Stephens remains a long-term absentee. Gary Gardiner will be confident of a starting berth alongside Danny Holla with either Andrew Crofts or Jake Forster-Caskey likely to make way. Joao Teixeira and Adrian Colunga will both be expected to start.

My prediction? 2-1 Albion, Colunga and Holla with the goals.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Should be a cracking game, Charlton are a good team.

It'll be interesting to see who Sami picks for this, he's got quite a few options now. I'm looking forward to seeing what the home fans think of Colunga, I thought he was superb at Swindon. I think you are in for a treat.

:thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could be a good indicator of where we really are, after the first two league matches (relegation fodder) and the last two (play-off probables). Think we've got enough fire power now to have a good chance of a win tomorrow - 3-2 and squeaky bum time?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Should be a cracking game, Charlton are a good team.

It'll be interesting to see who Sami picks for this, he's got quite a few options now. I'm looking forward to seeing what the home fans think of Colunga, I thought he was superb at Swindon. I think you are in for a treat.

:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see him. I reckon out of all the new signings he may have the biggest impact.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I feel like the players are a little clearer about what Sami wants than Poyets or Oscars teams seemed to be. I also feel far more confident about Sami changing things and adapting to situations in-game.

I actually found myself more confident when we were 1-0 down to Bolton than most of the time we were 1-0 up under Gus or Oscar.

Everything feels much improved.

Like OP, I predict Tex and Holla will score, and I think we will get more than 2.

4 - 0 Tex, Holla, Colunga, CMS

Maybe.

:rave:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Things are way too positive around here at the moment. I see a slip coming.
Always happens like this. I'm more excited about the style than anything. Charlton are a good team, the way we play is risky, they could easily pull us apart (Swindon would have done with a forward).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Love for Charlton

Wouldn't be at all unhappy to see Charlton do well this season.

Understand there's been some fan 'nortiness' over the last couple years but I don't think most of their fans are wrong 'uns.

From where I sit in the Prostate Stand, when they strike up with "We hate Palace more than you" you've got to feel some love...

KT17x

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Isn't it 4 asterisks?

Where's the club badges?

were loose. :(

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I feel like the players are a little clearer about what Sami wants than Poyets or Oscars teams seemed to be. I also feel far more confident about Sami changing things and adapting to situations in-game.

I actually found myself more confident when we were 1-0 down to Bolton than most of the time we were 1-0 up under Gus or Oscar.

Everything feels much improved.

Like OP, I predict Tex and Holla will score, and I think we will get more than 2.

4 - 0 Tex, Holla, Colunga, CMS

Maybe.

:rave:

Tex first scorer & Albion 4-0 win is 115/1....although you may not be a betting man.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Low cloud cover, so we should expect a bit of early swing. Pitch looks in good nick though, should offer plenty for both sides.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
With charlton bringing around 1600 (which is appalling considering a Saturday game in August 50 miles down the road)
as well as the fact they have started the season well.

What sort of crowd are we looking at tomorrow.

I reckon 26898.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here