Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really hope this is the season when he fulfills his potential for us.

I think we all hope that however there is a serious dilemma here for the club due to him being in the final year of his contract.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
That's not his fault at least Sami is signing players purposely to suit his chosen formation. To this day I have no idea why Poyet signed or even wanted Craig as surely there were better options for the money that would of suited the style of play back then.

Was told by Poyet that he didn't particularly want him rather that Bloom wanted to demonstrate his support by signing him.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
I guess the team sheet for tomorrow will give us a better idea.

Starting 11

Bench

Absent

What will it be?

For me it has to be starting, but Sami has for the first time this season a very nice headache.

UTA

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was told by Poyet that he didn't particularly want him rather that Bloom wanted to demonstrate his support by signing him.
Come again?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Some people on here astound me.

We have a player who leaves everything he has on the pitch,he returns to full fitness from a career threatening injury,we now have a manager who plays to his strengths.

So with all of those boxes ticked

Because we have replaced the 12 players we lost last season with 12 good players surely that means CMS is on his way out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some people on here astound me.

We have a player who leaves everything he has on the pitch,he returns to full fitness from a career threatening injury,we now have a manager who plays to his strengths.

So with all of those boxes ticked

Because we have replaced the 12 players we lost last season with 12 good players surely that means CMS is on his way out.
You forgot to mention how sections of NSC has spent the entire summer berating the club for being completely understaffed with strikers.
We now finally has the same amount as last season, but still approximately half of our competitors, and yet it's time to offload the only one with club experience.

Sure if contractually CMS has to go.
If Tony has to sell to recoup some money, fine.
If, even more unlikely, CMS sulks until he gets his leave, fine.
If we've lined up a 'worldy', then great.

But if none of the above, why look for problems that don't exist.

Head mentals, the lot of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Poyet never rated CMS. Bloom signed him. I like him personally though.
Who did Bloom want to demonstrate his support too, by undermining his manager?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
You forgot to mention how sections of NSC has spent the entire summer berating the club for being completely understaffed with strikers.
We now finally has the same amount as last season, but still approximately half of our competitors, and yet it's time to offload the only one with club experience.

Sure if contractually CMS has to go.
If Tony has to sell to recoup some money, fine.
If, even more unlikely, CMS sulks until he gets his leave, fine.
If we've lined up a 'worldy', then great.

But if none of the above, why look for problems that don't exist.

Head mentals, the lot of them.

If our new recruits show as much desire to do well as CMS does week in week out then this could be a very good season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Poyet never rated CMS. Bloom signed him. I like him personally though.

Gus - Sept 2011...
“Craig will be a key player for us. He was the best player in League One last season, he scored the most goals, he scored in the play-off final and he’s got everything we need to make our strike-force one of the best.
“He is a striker who scores goals and you will never see a player who matches his work-rate - it’s unbelievable.
“He is also energetic and powerful and that will rub off on the rest of the team.
“Craig is a very clever player all around the penalty area. He can hold the ball up, even though he is not the biggest, he always plays off the shoulder of the last defender, he is quicker than he looks and he can score with his right foot, left foot and his head.
“He is a player that we can build the team around which is why I was so keen to bring him here. When I first sat down with the chairman in the summer Craig was at the top of my list.

“It’s also very pleasing that we have signed him despite interest from some, big, big teams.
“To bring in a player of his standard is unbelievable. I am very, very happy.”

:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If our new recruits show as much desire to do well as CMS does week in week out then this could be a very good season.
Nah bin him off.

The guys been rubbish, playing as a lone striker, for 3 seasons.
He's always got his back to goal, and kept kicking the ball 40 yards away. (to his nearest team mate)

I reckon we should stick with just 2 strikers neither of whom play as a loan striker, and t'other guy who's making up the numbers.
Makes perfect sense to me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
That's not his fault at least Sami is signing players purposely to suit his chosen formation. To this day I have no idea why Poyet signed or even wanted Craig as surely there were better options for the money that would of suited the style of play back then.

see above...

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Gus - Sept 2011...
“Craig will be a key player for us. He was the best player in League One last season, he scored the most goals, he scored in the play-off final and he’s got everything we need to make our strike-force one of the best.
“He is a player that we can build the team around which is why I was so keen to bring him here.

:)

Good quotes but he never did build the team around him, did he? I'm only reporting what I was told by a direct source

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Oh I see! Poyet was ok with him coming. But after Bloom signed him he never really rated him, this is what I have been told anyway.....

Poyet made it VERY clear at the time of signing CMS that he was his no.1 target... He was definitely Gus' choice...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here