Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Airshow

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The Canadian Lancaster has a mechanical problem and won't be there. I think the other one is still ok.

Did that one fly over Brighton about 12:30 today?

BBC Radio Sussex have just said this morning that 1 of the Lancaster Bombers will be there.
The other one has a mechanical problem and will be not fit to fly until mid week....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Went to airborne in Eastbourne a couple of weeks ago.the same displays only its FREE

Here on the hills of Hangleton I get to see most of the in air displays at Shoreham for free :thumbsup:

PS - anyone know if the Euro fighter will be there again this year ? Very impressive last year.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I'm going tomorrow. If anybody fancies going I would advise buying tickets in advance at various local shops, cost £18 adults, £5 children.

If you pay on the day it's £22 adults and £8 children.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Awesome day - Vulcan, Typhoon and a World War I triplane flown by Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden fame.

That's before you mention the Flying Fortress, Mitchell, two Skytrains, the BBMF, eight Tiger Moths, Hellcat, Corsair, Strikemaster, Hunter, two Mustangs and god knows what else.

Combine all that with the Albion nicking a point at the death and I'm pretty happy right now.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
A27 west was carnage at 9.45am... which led to my (24 year old) car overheating and my (10 year old) son missing his footy at Buckingham Park.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A27 west was carnage at 9.45am... which led to my (24 year old) car overheating and my (10 year old) son missing his footy at Buckingham Park.

Oh blast. I completely neglected to take that traffic in to account and got stuck trying to get to Washington for a second 15 mile walk along the South Downs Way.

Lovely seeing the planes fly over us on the Downs. It must have been incredible seeing hundreds of them flying off to protect our skies in WW2 and some of them returning.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Have a cracking view today from my garden, which backs onto an adjacent field to the airport

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If anyone gets to know the display time for the Typhoon tomorrow, can they post it on here please?

1:33 according to a list posted on the nee Shoreham facebook page.

I can watch from home. Saw the vulcan yesterday, amazing sight snd sound, never get tired of that.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
1:33 according to a list posted on the nee Shoreham facebook page.

I can watch from home. Saw the vulcan yesterday, amazing sight snd sound, never get tired of that.

That's what I miss, I used to be able to watch from 2 of my previous properties. Now in Sompting, I have to leave the comfort of the home/garden to watch. Means no beer until I get home :( unless I can sweet talk the missus

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not my video, but certainly worth a watch:

[yt]O45RxMpDDGU[/yt]