Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Chants

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If I could think up something half decent myself, I'd say that this thread isn't going terribly well.
But I can't, so I won't.

Has one of these ever gone well? No.

Far better for the songs to be spontanious rather than put on here and then picked apart and rubbished before they are given a chance

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tay-sherah, sherah
Whatever will be, will be
He'll take us to Wemberly
Tay-sherah, sherah

b51

May 17, 2014
Whos that man who came from Bristol
Whos that man who'll always score
Sam Baldock is his name and he'll score a goal a game
And we've banked all the money from before

Like it, change last line though
and we won't mention leo anymore.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I've already invented the BEST new song and posted it on another thread.

You do a mouth trumpet noise to Tequilla by The Champs then instead of shouting "Tequilla!" you should "Collunga!"

btw I've also just decided that you have to actually act out playing the trumpet whilst doing the trumpet bit.

How about we do the dance, Pee Wee style.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Like it, change last line though
and we won't mention leo anymore.

Not sure we need the line like before as the Murray thing was a certain situation. Leo we havent mentioned anyway.

What about a compromise

Whos that man who came from Bristol
Whos that man who'll always score
Sammy Baldock is his name and he's scores a goal a game
and we wont mention MONEY anymore

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The teixiera song that has been sung the last two games is

Teixiera woooah
Teixiera woooah
He comes from Portugal
Give him the f*cking ball
OK for away fans but not right to be his song for the Amex crowd. Can it be sanitised?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Platters - Only You (1955) official video: http://youtu.be/L0mWVVSkYHo

Toooooony Bloooooom,
Can make all this world seem right.
Toooooony Bloooooom,
Can make this darkness bright.
Tony Bloom and you alone,
Can thrill me, like you do.
And fill my heart with love for Tony Bloom.

Uh huh...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Do you, or anyone, know how 'Who's that man from Argentina' emerged?

Dunno about that one but i don't remember ever seeing it posted on here before it was first sung. In fact i can't think of a single chant that was on here first and took off.

Can't imagine "We've Fu@#ing Brilliant" would have been a success if it appeared on here first either.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you, or anyone, know how 'Who's that man from Argentina' emerged?

I imagine we had more than a little bit of a pointer from Man Utd fans own version regarding Tevez.

I suppose we could reinvent it like they did;

Who's that **** from Argentina
Who's that money grabbing whore
Leonardo is his name
And he hasn't got a brain
And he won't be enjoying Sussex any more

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As on other thread - Colunga to tune of the conga - do do do it's Adrian Colunga / do do do it's Adrian Colunga

Suppose you could put second line as do do do Colungas gonna score...?

As always don't try and make them too complicated, have some sort of a rhyme in the right places (not like that awful Oscar song last yr!) and make sure you understand the syllables needed & that there is the correct amount in the song. Once a few agree it's good - start a new thread in it like the Benno / Barnes ones and then they will stick.

Yours sincerely headmaster Sheebo ;)

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Trouble is there are so many new names, we don't stand a chance of remembering all the words to 11 songs ... Maybe we will need to publish a song sheet and leave one on each seat ....

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Trouble is there are so many new names, we don't stand a chance of remembering all the words to 11 songs ... Maybe we will need to publish a song sheet and leave one on each seat ....

Better still have the words on the big screen and sing along to someone playing a drum :dunce:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
As on other thread - Colunga to tune of the conga - do do do it's Adrian Colunga / do do do it's Adrian Colunga

Suppose you could put second line as do do do Colungas gonna score...?

As always don't try and make them too complicated, have some sort of a rhyme in the right places (not like that awful Oscar song last yr!) and make sure you understand the syllables needed & that there is the correct amount in the song. Once a few agree it's good - start a new thread in it like the Benno / Barnes ones and then they will stick.

Yours sincerely headmaster Sheebo ;)

A lot of chants need something before it so that everyone starts singing together but most of the suggestion never have this and can't really repeat on a loop as such meaning once people start to hear whats being sung, it's over and too late.

Other songs which traditionally do well are ones with a cue to get people singing from the start such as the der, der der bit before Sussex by the Sea or Someone singing 'To see the Brighton Aces'.... before everyone starts with 'Oh Lads, you should have seen us coming.....' Other which do well are ones that repeat so its easy to join in (Albion, Albion, Albion... or We are Brighton, Super Brighton....) and its quick to get a lot of people joining in.

The problem with new songs is people don't know them, they often finish before people realise they started and means only a few sang it and they get sung soo fast that it's difficult to pick out the words to even try to join in. (Suss By C....)

We desperately need some slower sung songs. We are proud of where we are from yet seem to have trouble singin slowly so that other clubs and their supporters can actually tell what we are singing and about whom. - Would You'll never walk alone be such an anthem for Liverpool fans if sung at 100mph?

The Platters - Only You (1955) official video: http://youtu.be/L0mWVVSkYHo

Toooooony Bloooooom,
Can make all this world seem right.
Toooooony Bloooooom,
Can make this darkness bright.
Tony Bloom and you alone,
Can thrill me, like you do.
And fill my heart with love for Tony Bloom.

Uh huh...

Like it, and worryingly sang along (in my head) without having to view you tube:(

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A lot of chants need something before it so that everyone starts singing together but most of the suggestion never have this and can't really repeat on a loop as such meaning once people start to hear whats being sung, it's over and too late.

Other songs which traditionally do well are ones with a cue to get people singing from the start such as the der, der der bit before Sussex by the Sea or Someone singing 'To see the Brighton Aces'.... before everyone starts with 'Oh Lads, you should have seen us coming.....' Other which do well are ones that repeat so its easy to join in (Albion, Albion, Albion... or We are Brighton, Super Brighton....) and its quick to get a lot of people joining in.

The problem with new songs is people don't know them, they often finish before people realise they started and means only a few sang it and they get sung soo fast that it's difficult to pick out the words to even try to join in. (Suss By C....)

We desperately need some slower sung songs. We are proud of where we are from yet seem to have trouble singin slowly so that other clubs and their supporters can actually tell what we are singing and about whom. - Would You'll never walk alone be such an anthem for Liverpool fans if sung at 100mph?

Very true. There was something I heard in the radio at Leeds that sounded way way way too quick from us! Fingers crossed we get some good new songs soon...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here