Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Chants

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I've heard quite a few new ones this season

There's a song for chris o'grady, not too sure of the lyrics but its something like 'to me you are my everything, the sweetest song that I could sing, o'graadddyyyyy, o'graaddyyyy'

I've also heard another that's quite similar to a song that I remember derby county singing. Infact here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuBxVq2Dca8 at 00:25, again not too sure of the lyrics but it eventually gets to 'oh we love you, (clap clap clap) the sussex boys, (clap clap clap) in white and blue!'

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Do you, or anyone, know how 'Who's that man from Argentina' emerged?

I don't know who came up with the words (somebody on here no doubt) but me and 10 or so extremely drunk mates must have sung it constantly for about 30/40 minutes in the Notts County bar before the 2-2 draw with Forest a couple of seasons ago. Had a few people ask us for the words as they hadn't heard it before and it got a proper airing when he scored so I claim partial credit. :lol:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
to: My, my, my, Delilah
Why, why, why, Delilah
So, before, they come to break down the door
Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take any more

Oh Oh Oh O'Grady
Oh Oh Oh O'Grady
He shot, he scored, _________________

Anyone finish it off?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Just out of interest, if you don't go to the Amex with a group of mates, how on earth do you get a new song sung?

Seems awfully elitist to me. Bloody North Stand Tories...

Challster

Aug 25, 2014
Here's a post I added a few days ago see the thread title below

New chants for newcomers ....

Ok, given the list of players gone. Its time to revamp done of our albion team chants, how about this one? Of course it was Zamora's but this fella is certainly looking worthy of a chant similar to our old promotion king bobby.. Maybe shearer and cole are a bit old so any one want to punt some more current crowd favourites ? I was thinking replacing shearer for 'Glenn' (Murray) and cole for 'Leo' (ulloa).

When the ball hits the goal, its not Shearer or Cole, its Texeira, when the ball hits the net like a f***ing rocket its Teixeira!

Ie

When the ball hits the goal, its not Glen or Leo, its Texeira when the ball hits the net like a f***ing rocket its Teixeira!

MillitantSeagull

Jul 10, 2010
Brighton
Here's a post I added a few days ago see the thread title below

New chants for newcomers ....

Ok, given the list of players gone. Its time to revamp done of our albion team chants, how about this one? Of course it was Zamora's but this fella is certainly looking worthy of a chant similar to our old promotion king bobby.. Maybe shearer and cole are a bit old so any one want to punt some more current crowd favourites ? I was thinking replacing shearer for 'Glenn' (Murray) and cole for 'Leo' (ulloa).

When the ball hits the goal, its not Shearer or Cole, its Texeira, when the ball hits the net like a f***ing rocket its Teixeira!

Ie

When the ball hits the goal, its not Glen or Leo, its Texeira when the ball hits the net like a f***ing rocket its Teixeira!

The hook with the original players names is that a) Cole rhymes with Goal, and b) the syllables of the names work well to the rhythm, with your version it doesn't rhyme and it's lacking the fluency of the original.

Challster

Aug 25, 2014
Ok then, let's leave it as the original. Otherwise having seen one or two other Texeira chants around we let the NS massive decide on it at the game today. Along with the ten other new chants needed to cheer on the newcomers. Thanks for your point. Ps are you an English teacher Militant? Do you have any suggestions of your own?

Original idea as follows : When the ball hits the goal, its not Shearer or Cole, its Texeira, when the ball hits the net like a f***ing rocket its Teixeira!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I don't know who came up with the words (somebody on here no doubt) but me and 10 or so extremely drunk mates must have sung it constantly for about 30/40 minutes in the Notts County bar before the 2-2 draw with Forest a couple of seasons ago. Had a few people ask us for the words as they hadn't heard it before and it got a proper airing when he scored so I claim partial credit. :lol:

I was up at Forest that game and can remember hearing it being sung throughout the game, only way to do it really, good effort.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Colunga to the 500 miles song by the Proclaimers

North Stand: Colunga!
South Stand: Colunga!
North Stand: Colunga!
South Stand: Colunga!
Colung, colung colung gah la!

Then repeat

That would be EPIC. But it will never happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok then, let's leave it as the original. Otherwise having seen one or two other Texeira chants around we let the NS massive decide on it at the game today. Along with the ten other new chants needed to cheer on the newcomers. Thanks for your point. Ps are you an English teacher Militant? Do you have any suggestions of your own?

Original idea as follows : When the ball hits the goal, its not Shearer or Cole, its Texeira, when the ball hits the net like a f***ing rocket its Teixeira!

The problem is that Shearer sounds too much like Teixeira. He's already got a song established at Swindon which has been mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here