Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Brighton Channel? What?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not gone through the whole thread so appologies if it has been answered, but is the channel available on either Sky or Virgin?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
@ the Amex now.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Having seen a couple of shows yesterday and one this morning there is lots of potential there, however they need to make some changes.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
There's a couple of Brighton estate agents on at the moment. It's absolutely riveting.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Early days, but it's encouraging to see people making an effort to produce local content. The majority of people involved are not paid professionals, so good luck to them in their work.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The fellow in the orange glasses said that Lewis Dunk's on after the adverts.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure where you got that from. A majority of people involved are paid professionals, although they do use students and volunteers too.

I know of some professionals, definitely. But there I'm aware that there are a large number who aren't.

The thing that irks me though is being unable to understand why people just want to tear it down before it starts. Why ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My problem is that local TV was just a Jeremy Hunt vanity project that has always been destined to fail. I would like it to do well, but knowing what goes on behind the scenes I am absolutely confident that it won't.

I'd like to see local television given a chance though, as long as it has relevant content.

The problem is that with so much open media everything is so polarised.

The state of British TV is a shambles, with scores of teleshopping stations clogging up the airwaves. Why waste £120m on local TV stations that will ultimately go bust?

I agree that there are a lot of worthless channels, a lot. I can only assume that for as long as they are paying their dues they'll be with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here