97.2FM
thatslife7-199x300.jpg

*shudder*

That's Doc Cox.

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
"Latest TV will be on air up to 24 hours a day"

Good to know they are sticking within their limits and not trying to broadcasting MORE than 24 hours a day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No bearing on the TV channel, but that 'Bare Cheek' comedy column in Latest magazine is the least funny thing in the entire known universe.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Up here we have Estuary TV but everyone refers to it as Crap Town TV because it first started as Channel 7 on Diamond Cable about 15 years ago.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Simon Fanshawe didn't have a pseudonym, though I'm sure we could think of a few.

Robert 'Doc' Cox, however, did release a few singles under the pseudonym 'Ivor Biggun'.

One of Ivor Biggun's best known hits applies to the vast majority of NSC posters :laugh:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
This isn't the first time a local TV Channel has gone to air. Back in the early cable days of NTL, there was a channel dedicated to local issue's - If I remember correctly, it had the earth shattering utterly unique title of....The Local Channel.

A lot of the content was pretentious arty shite - Where Fanshawe and his ilk would have been in their element. (Don't think he was involved?) There was a period when I was off work for six weeks after a knee op, so I spent much time on the sofa watching TV - Including the aforementioned 'Local Channel'. They used to have lots of competitions with some half decent prizes of books, DVD's etc. Just about every competition on the local channel that I entered, I won!

Two conclusions: I was extremely smart or maybe I was the only (sad) viewer? Probably the latter.........

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Any truth in the rumour HB&B will be popping up on this channel ? #ratingskiller

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The last time I was there the Latest Bar off St James St had a banner sign up rather than an actual sign. Nothing screams "we don't expect to be around for long" more than a banner sign.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Came up under Fanshawe - Thats Life. Did he have a psuedonym ?

This is Mr Fanshawe.

I met him a few years back. He came across a bit "Do you know who I am?".

Unfortunately for his ego, I didn't :lol:

(Somebody explained to me later he used to be on That's Life)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409246243.448705.jpg

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I watched a bit of it and thought why does local TV have to be so crap. The production values makes it look as if it could have been produced in Basingstoke or High Wycombe, not in one of the nation's major conurbations. The man in the baseball cap kept gushing about the future talent they are going to get and how Hollingbury will be the next Hollywood. It's just overhyping what is a very modest and rather amateurish enterprise. I can't see this lasting for very long, to be honest.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I just find very odd, but quite cool, they're going to be showing British indie wrestling on Saturdays

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
What's this new Brighton based channel I am hearing about?

Starts tonight at 6pm? Channel 8 on FV.

Albion news every night
Sounds good. What's going on?

Tried retuning but still saying No service under channel 8 on FV. Has anyone managed to get it yet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is Mr Fanshawe.

I met him a few years back. He came across a bit "Do you know who I am?".

Unfortunately for his ego, I didn't :lol:

(Somebody explained to me later he used to be on That's Life)

View attachment 58016

I know him from back in the day when he was a temping clerical worker at American Express. He didn't like being outcamped by the other openly gay guy in the office.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'll keep my reasons to myself (aside from the episode above) but I'll freely admit I'm not his biggest fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here