Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Like for like replacements, better or worse?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Lingard and O'Grady being equal really made me laugh, and Bennett the same as Ward. Ward was outstanding for us and scored critical goals, Bennett will have to play out of his skin to be as good. ward was also a much more solid defender than the reports we have heard on Bennett.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Lingard and O'Grady being equal really made me laugh, and Bennett the same as Ward. Ward was outstanding for us and scored critical goals, Bennett will have to play out of his skin to be as good. ward was also a much more solid defender than the reports we have heard on Bennett.

I'm a fan of Ward and agree that he did a great job for us last season. That said, Bennett has the potential to be a better player and is certainly better suited to the style that Hyypia wants to play, with pace in the wing back positions a necessity.

Admittedly it's early days still and we've only seen him play one game, but he looks like an exciting player that offers a real attacking threat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Overall I would say they are an improvement but not sure Baldock is better than Ulloa, different certainly but better? Also Stockdale better than Kuszczak remains to be seen again I am not certain

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
O'Grady equal with Lingard ... he is not even knee high on his showings so far even Obika looks better than O'Grady
Hughes ... Toooooo slow we still need another CB

The rest either on par or better

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
its debateable clearly and not until I have sen more can i decide

However its just nice to have the choice, we had so many long term injuries last season it was a real problem

Competition for places currently is what drives players on and now we have that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
... on his showings so far even Obika looks better than O'Grady

Absolute nonsense.

Obika contributed NOTHING. O'Grady hasn't shown great finishing yet, but his link up play has been decent enough (see his part in the Ince goal on Tuesday, for a good example).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Overall the replacements - on the evidence we've seen so far - appear HUNGRIER for success. The replaced players never seemed that fussed about raising their game for the play-offs across the past two seasons. If the prospect of a Wembley final as a minimum appears to have been of so little consequence to them, then I'm glad they're mostly gone :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here