Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedwetters gone quiet

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
In fairness to the bedwetters we havnt had a massive full moon in the last week and pampers were half price at Lidl Tuesday week ago..........they cant wet the bed when they have all bases are covered.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I will admit I was a bedwetter but my sheets have remained dry since the capture of Holla opened the signing floodgate.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Funny how they all go quiet when good things happen at the club. It's like they want things to be bad so they can moan, it is quite bizarre. There must be a medical term for a condition that makes someone long for bad times so they can be miserable, and silent during good times. Oh yes there is- bedwetter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I will admit I was a bedwetter but my sheets have remained dry since the capture of Holla opened the signing floodgate.

This. I thought we looked like we could be in a total mess. Two league defeats, half a team and the Ward deal hijacked. Feeling concerned about things was surely fair enough at that point. But the capture of Holla seems to have changed everything.

Wednesday and Birmingham will look back on their wins as CRUCIAL points in their battle to stay in the division. Let's hope they don't cost us our promotion ambitions.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
11 signings ....

7 new players in 11 days, to complete our PROMOTION WINNING SQUAD

Where are you? Should've kept the faith
Hiding in the background waiting for us to miss out on automatic promotion by 6 points which, after a whole season in which anything can happen, will obviously still be the fault of the club for not signing people soon enough.

Or January, when we fail to land Messi on a free.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
It's just frustration! We are care but there are times for cool heads and luckily our board of directors keep theirs when under pressure.

I too was annoyed at the losing of the Ward deal but will never lose faith in TB. The man is a real fan who has put his money where his mouth is and most importantly seems determined to avoid allowing our club to return to the dark old days of near bankruptcy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This. I thought we looked like we could be in a total mess. Two league defeats, half a team and the Ward deal hijacked. Feeling concerned about things was surely fair enough at that point.
Nearly all of us were concerned, but there's a huge difference between that and some of the moaning about how Bloom was cashing in and not going to spend any of the money, and how we'd left it too late to get anyone decent, etc etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes I know Triggaaar but the term "bedwetter" has come to represent anyone who was concerned. If it only covered those accusing Bloom of cashing in, there would only be about five bedwetters on this site!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes, there was general concern that we seemed to be leaving it very late in recruiting but it is now clear that the Ulloa and Buckley deals had to be concluded to allow the wheels to start turning. Funds have to be in place to buy and eventually they were. TB held out for the most money from both deals and this obviously delayed the ' signing ' process a bit. Once secured, the floodgates opened and most of us have been pleasantly surprised.
Some fans need to ask themselves the question....when has TB let us down?.....answer....he hasn't. Back his long term judgement and his desire to get the infrastructure right. You can't aspire to the PL if you haven't got the facilities in place. We have and now we have the makings of a competitive squad as well. Forget the first two games. We lost those last season as well. We have strengthened so much since then that we will pick up bonus results now.
Its all pretty damn impressive from where I sit and I am genuinely enthused about our chances. Onward and upward.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Feeling much better about things now however let's wait and see how these guys bed in and if they can perform to a consistent high standard.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Club does poorly in pre-season and key players leave, people are worried.

Club does better and buys some replacements, people are not so worried.

Astonishing stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here