Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheese boards

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is probably the most sensible post I have read on here in a long long time. And I'm literally eating cheese at my desk as I type this; we have a free breakfast at the co-working space on Thursdays.

I prefer the stonger cheeses and they pair well with craft beer. Epoisses is lovely and it stinks to high heaven; this is my recommendation to you. My favourite is roquefort but I see you already have this. It has it all, it's creamy, tangy and salty and pairs well with an imperial stout.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
It really is one of the most beautifulest things in the world.
Having quaffed down a sizeable medium rare sirloin earlier, I hit the cheeseboard.

Nice piece of Roquefort, Somerset Brie, extra hot mexicana, strong farmhouse cheddar, cherry tomatoes, celery and a tin of anchhovies.
All washed down with a bottle of Châteauneuf-du-Pape.

Any other cheese fans with any recommendations?

Cheese :thumbsup:

ALL of re above, but maybe a Malbec instead of CN de P?!

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Mrs.Wunt be druv came back with a cheese I think was called Sussex Cruncher,it is a Cheddar type hard cheese nice strong taste and has tiny little crystals in it that just give a little crunch when you eat it.Delicious.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
for something a little different my wife likes, nettle wrapped Cornish Yarg, made from pasteurised cows’ milk, is a young, fresh lemony cheese, creamy under its natural rind and slightly crumbly in the core.

yarg01.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Ossau Iraty (had for the first time recently and really enjoyed)
Manchego
Comte
Blackstick's Blue
Any really tangy Cheddar.

Cheese is easily my favourite foodstuff :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Stinking Bishop or Blacksticks is a must, as are Roasted Figs .... warm and gooey!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
One of life's little delights.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Well reading all this has just altered my dining arrangements this evening now. Only have Blacksticks Blue, Saint Agur, Le Rustique and Cheddar but that'll do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here