Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Loose leaf Darjeeling, made in a pot, drunk from a nice china cup, taken black, no sugar!

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I can just about handle a duck egg or powder blue, anything else is wrong and black will get tipped down the sink.

Black! Black! Put me in the shadows and feed me on pins. What's for dinner mother? Pins?! Black! Black!

completely agree, just can drink out of a black mug. I have one of the loose leaf pots too...

calm down Johnny.....

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
1st flush darjeeling (from the guy in Borough Market) , Earl Grey, any good green tea, Camomile at night. No milk, ever. In my defence I don't drink alcohol or coffee.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I like a pint of tea, black and sweet.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Usually have 1 or 2 mugs of tea when I get up and have breakfast. White, no sugar, but with just no much than a dribble of milk.

I find tea is good for getting the bowels going in the morning, before I go out for a run.

D

Deleted member 18477

PG tips, Tetley, Yorkshire... Don't mind some own brands as well.

Has to be milk last and no sugar! Also white interior of a mug is VERY important when putting the milk in last!

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Clippers or Yorkshire for me.

Had fresh loose leaf tea when I was in India and these put both to shame unfortunately.

I try not to have PG tips, Tetley or Twinings just because they're not very ethical companies and makes me feel a bit guilty on the poor tea pickers

Toko

Banned
Jul 20, 2014
I never knew the white inside was so important to some people.
Has to be Yorkshire tea for me, loads of sugar, milk or cream last!
Also love a non instant coffee, which is what helped create this below.
View attachment 57963

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The regular Clipper ones in the unbleached bags are really nice. I find Yorkshire tea over-rated. Assam tea is very nice.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Mrs SS only drinks Roiboos [red] tea - me, I'm traditional; Tetley, Yorkshire, Ty-Pho, PG Tips are all just fine.

Best time for me is on Saturday's mid-afternoon, along with a sandwich and piece of cake - aka Cricket Tea

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Tea should be made with boiling water so therefore this is clearly wrong, instant coffee on the other hand should have the milk in first to reduce the temperature of the water. I drink black coffee in the morning and if I MUST have instant (who sounds like a Harvey's drinker now?) I leave the water in the cup for about 5 minutes before spooning in the brown shit
It's only clearly wrong if the tea is made in the cup...

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Green tea with mandarin orange - kettle heated to 90c......must never put boiling water on green tea. In this heat it's all I drink during the daytime.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Green tea with mandarin orange - kettle heated to 90c......must never put boiling water on green tea. In this heat it's all I drink during the daytime.

I put two small I've cubes into warm green tea. Lovely.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Tetley or Ty-Phoo, milk and two sugars, sugar put into the cup before the water, milk added after.

I probably drink about 4-5 cups a day if I'm at home, if I'm at work then I'll have one before I leave home and one or two in the evening, I very rarely drink tea at work or out in general.

As others have said, I almost insist on a cup with a white interior - preferably my Amex panorama one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here