Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Warnock is the new Palace manager...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Similar style to Pulis, a big character and crucially for Palace, available now.
I don't think it's a bad appointment. He very nearly kept Sheffield United up and was a little harshly treated by QPR when he was sacked after taking them up.
His record at Championship level is excellent but can he do it in the Premiership? They need some players before Monday.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I know he has a good record of getting teams promoted. But isn't his record of keeping teams in the top flight poor?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Another bookmarked thread:wave:, you lot will never learn! you right us off at you peril,Just like last season and before the play off's
Palace get thrashed AGAIN - The official thread
How many tickets will we get for Wembley? where will we be drinking before Wembley, Brighton will thrash Palace over two legs and :bla::bla:

In fairness we do jump the gun a bit with with the piss taking, but Neil Warnock is clearly a 3rd, 4th, or 5th choice out of your candidates. He really doesn't look like the manager you want...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Another bookmarked thread:wave:, you lot will never learn! you right us off at you peril,Just like last season and before the play off's
How many tickets will we get for Wembley? where will we be drinking before Wembley, Brighton will thrash Palace over two legs and :bla::bla:

I think there have been a lot of threads that come back to bite the original poster, and it's always amusing when it happens. (For the record, a poll shortly after Pulis was appointed showed almost two thirds of posters on here thought he at least had a chance of keeping palace up http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?290619-Will-Pulis-keep-Palace-in-the-Premier-League)

However, I find it interesting that in the face of this appointment, your response is "oh look at how bad you are at predicting things" rather than "look at his record, look at his achievements he is a very good appointment" in the way people did with Pulis's appointment.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Similar style to Pulis, a big character and crucially for Palace, available now.
I don't think it's a bad appointment. He very nearly kept Sheffield United up...

Yeah, "nearly".

He's won 14 Premier League matches in his career...

cpfc1905

Mar 18, 2013
How will he get his tractor on the M23?

077warnock_468x288.jpg

Just as well we dont need to go down the m23 for anything.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'd rather wait to laugh at Palace if they relegated rather than now, stranger things have happened. Could be Warnocks legacy to keep them up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think there's as much chance of him keeping them up as Lennon or Steve Clarke.

I think they'll be in a dogfight with Burnley, Leicester, QPR and West Brom so any 3 of 5. A lot depends on who these 5 clubs can bring in before the window shuts. I fancy, Hull, Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea and Newcastle all have enough about them to be in /around that third quarter of the table.

Hopefully, Agent Ulloa's goals might keep Leicester up and send Palace down. Fair play to Palace for last season, it will be interesting to see if the players fight for Colin like they did for Pulis.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Point taken but who has done well at that car crash of a club over the past decade?
Other than that I'm struggling to think of many managers who have better records in the Championship.

Dennis Wise did alright for a bit. But yeah, touché my friend.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It does actually get better...

James Wallin ‏@WheresWallin 3m
Weird decison by @CPFC to allow sponsor to announce new manager. Wonder if @NETELLER get to break news of Puncheon's imminent loan deal too

It gets even better....The C Palace communications team are 'fuming' at the decision to let Neteller announce the new manager.

t8lq9s.png

Parish has a knack of winning friends, doesn't he?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

You might be better off starting your defence of this appointment on the BBS as there seem to be hundreds of similar comments from your own fans who seem a lot more angry than anyone on here.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Quite pleased he has got the job - they will return to being useless (Pulis done wonders but proved he was no mug dealing with a bunch of twerps at Palace). I really do hope Warnock that he takes his mate Alan Brasil with him from Talksport, get someone decent on to do the show then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here