Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup 3rd Round: Brighton going for a Burton

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was thinking the same thing. Swansea v Everton will be one i'm sure.

BORING! I really don't get why TV companies insist on using cup coverage to show match-ups we see already twice a season, just for the sake of a bit of extra cash. The Cups are all about the smaller teams trying to cause an upset. I remember when we played Arsenal in that absolute corker of a match two seasons back, they ignored us and they chose Stoke vs Manchester City instead :facepalm:

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
BORING! I really don't get why TV companies insist on using cup coverage to show match-ups we see already twice a season, just for the sake of a bit of extra cash. The Cups are all about the smaller teams trying to cause an upset. I remember when we played Arsenal in that absolute corker of a match two seasons back, they ignored us and they chose Stoke vs Manchester City instead :facepalm:

That Arsenal match was chosen for broadcast internationally though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
100% this - last season going to the cup final even to lose to City was much more important to me as a fan than staying in the premier league, that 1 day out was such a better feeling then ever been "safe" on the final day of the season

Maybe it's early but maybe because no one cares but whilst I agree with you I can't for the life of me remember who got to the final with city . That's half the prob with the fa cup final now . It's no longer ingrained in the publics mind

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Burton charged £15 for standing and £18 for seats for QPR game. Likely to be same price for us.

Wednesday would suit me and my mates better.

PG

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I am absolutely gutted by this draw. Burton is only a 45 minute drive for me, but the in laws live just down the road from the Stadium. They have been saying for years that if/when Brighton play at Burton they'll go with me. So far, so good.

Problem is, the other half is due to give birth to our first child that week. Therefore, I think I'll be missing it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
REALLY hope it's a Tuesday game - new ground and should be a good evening.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion’s Capital One Cup third round tie away at Burton Albion will take place on Wednesday 24th September, 7.45pm kick-off at the Pirelli Stadium.

Ticket prices have also been confirmed by the Staffordshire club with prices set at £18 for adults, £16 for over-65s and young persons aged 17-22 while under-16 tickets are set at £8 in the seated area.

Prices in the terraces are set at £15 for adults with over-65s and young persons aged 17-22 at £13.

Full ticket information and on sale date will be released in due course.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/burton-cup-date-set-1882260.aspx#tO1IF3su29Ks87Eu.99

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here