Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup 3rd Round: Brighton going for a Burton

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
IF we play our strongest team, we will be favourites. We should go for it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sammi is taking the cup seriously.

There's a significant difference between:

- Putting out your strongest team
- Putting out a team you believe is strong enough to win

Last night we did the latter. Many managers have slipped up with this approach and been castigated for not taking the first option.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Away fans are predominantly housed in the Coors East Stand Terrace at one end of the ground, where just over 1,400 fans can be accommodated.

:moo:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers
Arsenal v Southampton
West Bromwich Albion v Hull City
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
Leyton Orient v Sheffield United
Cardiff City v AFC Bournemouth
Sunderland v Stoke City
Derby County v Reading
Liverpool v Middlesbrough
Milton Keynes Dons v Bradford City
Manchester City v Sheffield Wednesday
Burton Albion v Brighton and Hove Albion
Swansea City v Everton
Shrewsbury Town v Norwich City
Fulham v Doncaster Rovers
Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest

All Round 3 ties are to be played during the week commencing 22nd September 2014.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why does anyone want Poyet coming here and knocking us out of the cup? I just can't see the appeal from any angle.

This. I'd hate playing Sunderland. I don't want to be AGAINST a man who brought us so much joy, and see all the neanderthals give him a poor reception.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Last night we did the latter. Many managers have slipped up with this approach and been castigated for not taking the first option.

Yep and it's Forest away on 27th...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Away fans are predominantly housed in the Coors East Stand Terrace at one end of the ground, where just over 1,400 fans can be accommodated.

plus 400 seats for the old folk

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Exactly.

Are Burton the only team in the Football League we have never played before?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Top tip: If it's so important to you that the thread that announces news like this is a thread you started, start an "official cup draw" thread earlier in the evening, and make sure it's active when the draw is made. That way, when all the threads are merged, it will be yours that is the first post.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
It won't be easy, Burton have been building some real momentum over the past few seasons, playing some 'OK' football too. Very small fan base but slowly building a good following. I've seen them play a number of times in recent seasons living so close to their ground, at least I could join in with the Albion chant!

Their owner can draw a lot of comparisons with our Tony too, lives and breathes the club.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I have that week off. New ground to visit. Shouldn't be a bedwetting binfest over ticket allocation and loyalty points. Looks a plan to me. :thumbsup:

Take a break in the Peak District & take in Forest on 27th too. I would if I could.

Feb 14, 2010
Do a palace - when they followed us to Wembley a few years after us they played lower league clubs all the way to the semi final. Be handy.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Burton Albion

image.jpg

:thumbsup:
Did you have a large bet on MK Dons last night?

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62

Scarcity of tickets should not be a problem. QPR had 381 seats and 1250 terrace tickets available tonight. It turned out to be POTG for both home and away fans - only 4K attendance out of capacity of 7K.
Even if we were to sell all our allocation, then it is easy to buy in the home end. They do not sell tickets online - only available in person or by phone (just need a non-Sussex address).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here