Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgusted with the lack of communication and service - Seagulls Player.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Been a subscriber for over 4 years. Last year I changed my bank accounts so any DD payment would have been stopped, and looking back on my emails now, I received an email about renewal last year.

I've received no notice that my Player is about to run out or needs renewal this time around. I sign on tonight to see it's ran out. I immediately sign back up pretty pissed off that I've missed the first five minutes due to them expecting me to remember the date of my renewal every year only to find out that after processing through the system for Player to become available, it's not available at all, as the payment is obviously not processed immediately.

I know it's only one game, but for an exile who has to make time specifically out of work etc to listen to these, it's absolute shite and not good enough. You can buy and download or listen or watch immediately upon payment from tons of other places now. Why are we still in the dark ages?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The football league have really messed up with this, and have done since they signed the deal with the providers. Sadly I guess the contract in place does not allow the FL or the clubs to get out of it.

PB made representations to the providers, I thought they had improved it, maybe PB needs to lay into them again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have asked is question on the Swindon match thread.

I let my subscription lapse because my card expired. I wasn't chased or reminded about it and so the subscription lapsed.

However I am listening to Seagulls World on my ipad via the Football League app. I am in the Brighton area at the moment. My question is will Seagull Player work from anywhere in the UK or abroad via VPN during the season?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I have asked is question on the Swindon match thread.

I let my subscription lapse because my card expired. I wasn't chased or reminded about it and so the subscription lapsed.

However I am listening to Seagulls World on my ipad via the Football League app. I am in the Brighton area at the moment. My question is will Seagull Player work from anywhere in the UK or abroad via VPN during the season?

If you've paid the subscription it should work anywhere in the world that you can get a network connection 3G and above .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The football league have really messed up with this, and have done since they signed the deal with the providers. Sadly I guess the contract in place does not allow the FL or the clubs to get out of it.

PB made representations to the providers, I thought they had improved it, maybe PB needs to lay into them again.
The service provided is just not good enough. Their stream is unreliable and the highlights are laughably poor quality that utilise Flash video, which is now unsupported and defunct. I will resubscribe when our club does high quality highlights on its own.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you've paid the subscription it should work anywhere in the world that you can get a network connection 3G and above .

I haven't paid my subscription though! I have listened to it via VPN from abroad for a few years but am suprised to be able to listen on the FL app having let my subscription lapse.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I haven't paid my subscription though! I have listened to it via VPN from abroad for a few years but am suprised to be able to listen on the FL app having let my subscription lapse.

Bizarre that you still have access to it when you haven't paid up, but then again the whole service is a joke, I used to subscribe for my brother as he lives abroad but he said it just wasn't worth it as it never worked, this was back in 05/06/07 though. Why did you need/use a VPN with Player/FL app?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think the Albion are as frustrated by the service as any of you are. They're currently tied to a supplier contract signed by all the clubs, which makes it very difficult to get out of.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bizarre that you still have access to it when you haven't paid up, but then again the whole service is a joke, I used to subscribe for my brother as he lives abroad but he said it just wasn't worth it as it never worked, this was back in 05/06/07 though. Why did you need/use a VPN with Player/FL app?

I possibly didn't need to use the VPN but I tend to turn it on anyway when abroad so I can check out Sky go for sport and the BBC website on match day.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think the Albion are as frustrated by the service as any of you are. They're currently tied to a supplier contract signed by all the clubs, which makes it very difficult to get out of.
Surely if the service they provide is utterly crap, year after year, they can just tell them to do one?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Just paid another £43 tonight, as per OP, and missed goal! After last complaint got an E mail an hour after the match finished to tell me it was now working!! Sent them another E just to annoy them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely if the service they provide is utterly crap, year after year, they can just tell them to do one?

I can't remember exactly was said but Paul Barber mentioned this at a fans' forum last year. Might be some sort of group deal where all the clubs sign up, but they are frustrated by both the poor service (because it's not the provider who cops all the flak when it doesn't work, it is of course the club) and the terms of the contract.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Spent 30 mins trying to get it working on the FL app but cuts out every 30 seconds.
I can't work out a way to listen to commentary on the iPad (no FL App on iPad) and hate Photon Browser.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Spent 30 mins trying to get it working on the FL app but cuts out every 30 seconds.
I can't work out a way to listen to commentary on the iPad (no FL App on iPad) and hate Photon Browser.

Google the "Football league app" and it will ask you if you want to install it when clicking the URL link. Then just pick your team and sign into your player account. Done.

I couldn't find it on the App Store either so googled it and presto. Working perfectly as I type on my ipad2. You can even close the app down and listen to it whilst browsing NSC.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I gave up with it. Frustrating as I can't listen to games any more but not half as frustrating as it either not working / cutting out / moon in the wrong orbit.

It's sub standard shit. An utterly disgraceful solution and service. I see from this thread there is no point getting it again anytime soon.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Google the "Football league app" and it will ask you if you want to install it when clicking the URL link. Then just pick your team and sign into your player account. Done.

I couldn't find it on the App Store either so googled it and presto. Working perfectly as I type on my ipad2. You can even close the app down and listen to it whilst browsing NSC.

It works! I owe you a beer!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tired of the service and the tired "we are as frustrated as you are" line from the club I cancelled a while ago.

Won't resubscribe to any similar service until it offers value for money and can be proven to work.

I also actively avoid the club website for the numerous reasons we've all discussed before. Can't remember the last time I went anywhere near it.

For Albion news it's here or the Argus site and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'm amazed the FL haven't just paid off the contracts and moved on.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here