Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia leaves Maccabi Tel Aviv

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really don't understand why he went back to Israel because the place is now more unstable than it was when he left it last year.

I also think that some people forget some of the good stuff he brought to the club, in particular giving the kids like JFC and Ince gametime, getting the best out of Upson, Ward and Crofts. It wasn't an easy season to come in on the back of Poyet's departure and with a modest transfer budget and continue where Gus left off - In the days following Gus's departure I think the vast majority of fans would have bitten your hand off if offered a 6th-place finish at the start of the season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We got to the play offs in spite of him not because of him. Every team around us fell apart.

Rubbish, that's just what happens at that point in the season, it always does. People were saying the same when we finished 4th under Poyet. Oscar ground out some results and got some wins that we would have lost or drawn under Poyet. With no pre season and his hands tied behind his back, he did a good job. It wasn't exciting (apart from the last minute of the last day), but he did what he had to do.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Rubbish, that's just what happens at that point in the season, it always does. People were saying the same when we finished 4th under Poyet. Oscar ground out some results and got some wins that we would have lost or drawn under Poyet. With no pre season and his hands tied behind his back, he did a good job. It wasn't exciting (apart from the last minute of the last day), but he did what he had to do.

Your view; but you can't deny other teams results mean't we sneaked in. They are there for all to see.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Your view; but you can't deny other teams results mean't we sneaked in. They are there for all to see.

You mean the 18 teams below us got less points than us over the 46 game season? That's kind of how the league works.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Oh come on, there are reasons for his departure from us. But would you really want you and your family living in Israel right now? I wouldn't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh come on, there are reasons for his departure from us. But would you really want you and your family living in Israel right now? I wouldn't.

Its hardly radically different to when he decided to go running back to Israel a couple of months ago for a new deal though, is it.

So he leaves MTA originally citing "family reasons" and winds up here. Then he leaves us after less than a year, following some eastern european hide-the-seasage, and retreats back into his comfort zone. Now he bins them again a couple of months into a new deal, after apparently remembering that the neighbours are a bit partial to lobbing a few projectiles over.

The blokes flakier than athletes foot.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Is it DEFINITELY true about the whole TK you know what? Cos people are talking about it on here as if it's a fact and let's be honest, it does sound like the classic Chinese whispers spiel dreamt up in a boozer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it DEFINITELY true about the whole TK you know what? Cos people are talking about it on here as if it's a fact and let's be honest, it does sound like the classic Chinese whispers spiel dreamt up in a boozer.

Everything I have heard suggests that it is a load of nonsense.

If TK and Oscar had a falling out, it was over football matters (namely his perceived favouritism shown to an out of form Bruno). You might have noticed that TK didn't have a lot of time for Bruno?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
:lolol:

Oscar-Garcia-Maccabi-Tel-Aviv-01.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You mean the 18 teams below us got less points than us over the 46 game season? That's kind of how the league works.

Factually correct, but on that basis you'll accept we went backwards under him as we'd finished higher the previous year.

I'm afraid the quality of football was dire, the Mike Bailey of our time if you like. (Remembering he also achieved from a league position perspective).

With the exception of the 'excitement' of the play-off's, the genuine excitement of the last day and 'blooding' of Rohan Ince, I cannot think of anything positive during Oscar's reign.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Factually correct, but on that basis you'll accept we went backwards under him as we'd finished higher the previous year.

I'm afraid the quality of football was dire, the Mike Bailey of our time if you like. (Remembering he also achieved from a league position perspective).

With the exception of the 'excitement' of the play-off's, the genuine excitement of the last day and 'blooding' of Rohan Ince, I cannot think of anything positive during Oscar's reign.

Also what concerns me about Oscars reign (if true) are the players he allegedly turned down and the faffing about on decision making like the Conway deal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Also what concerns me about Oscars reign (if true) are the players he allegedly turned down and the faffing about on decision making like the Conway deal.

All rumours and hearsay though, like the not turning up for training etc...... I guess we'll never know, all possible though. :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know why history being rewritten surprises me, but it always does.

I already feel sorry for Sami if and when he walks away from the Albion.

It'll probably be because he was having relations with Nathan, while over and under training the team.
Leaving us because he bought in a load of sh*t players, while not being allowed to bring in the players he wanted.
Having introduced boring football that left us open to conceding counter attacking goals.
Not forgetting making unrealistic demands of Tony while never actually speaking to the clubs board.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Well after what happened with Poyet and the state of things when Oscar arrived, how could you possibly expect anything else? You can't deny that he steadied a seriously wobbling ship, in very difficult circumstances. Had you offered any Brighton fan 6th place at the end of July when it seemed like the club was falling apart, they would have bitten your hand off. So how anyone can say he didn't do a decent job is beyond me. It wasn't particularly attractive, but he did what he had to do.

It still makes me laugh that people used to say the football was boring under Poyet. Unbelievable.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't know why history being rewritten surprises me, but it always does.

I already feel sorry for Sami if and when he walks away from the Albion.

It'll probably be because he was having relations with Nathan, while over and under training the team.
Leaving us because he bought in a load of sh*t players, while not being allowed to bring in the players he wanted.
Having introduced boring football that left us open to conceding counter attacking goals.
Not forgetting making unrealistic demands of Tony while never actually speaking to the clubs board.

Hang on, I thought Sami had been 'sold up the river' by the Board, promised a load of signings when really we weren't planning on signing anyone, and were actually planning on reinvesting none of the Ulloa money and heading straight to League 1? That's why he resigned, isn't it?

Because of course, it was just the 'lickers' who couldn't see this, and were so pathetic and blind with their 'let's wait until after deadline day before making judgement on transfers' stance.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well after what happened with Poyet and the state of things when Oscar arrived, how could you possibly expect anything else? You can't deny that he steadied a seriously wobbling ship, in very difficult circumstances. Had you offered any Brighton fan 6th place at the end of July when it seemed like the club was falling apart, they would have bitten your hand off. So how anyone can say he didn't do a decent job is beyond me. It wasn't particularly attractive, but he did what he had to do.

It still makes me laugh that people used to say the football was boring under Poyet. Unbelievable.

Though he inherited a successful team with a winning mentality and a number of players who are now in the premier league. The signing's of Ward and Andrews were sensible, so I feel although what you're saying is very much true in terms of the mess he inherited, there were good ersonnel in place and personally I think he gets more credit than is actually warranted....... (Just how I feel).

There were very few games that I can recall that were boring under Poyet...... perhaps its 'rose tinted' specs on my part, whereas Oscar I can't remember a game that wasn't boring (for at least 45 mins).......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Though he inherited a successful team with a winning mentality and a number of players who are now in the premier league. The signing's of Ward and Andrews were sensible, so I feel although what you're saying is very much true in terms of the mess he inherited, there were good ersonnel in place and personally I think he gets more credit than is actually warranted....... (Just how I feel).

There were very few games that I can recall that were boring under Poyet...... perhaps its 'rose tinted' specs on my part, whereas Oscar I can't remember a game that wasn't boring (for at least 45 mins).......
Leicester and Bolton were wee-wee poor, and I can't even remember the Swindon game!! :lol:
If Gus were missing 8 first team attacking players only my dog would have been able to here him whinging.

Poyet wasn't much better, any team comprising of Bridcutt, Hammond, Dicker and Barnes in a defensive left winger mould, isn't setting the world alight.

Sorry Gus, I should add a comment a made yesterday:-

But that was still preferable to the awful football played by our Amex opponents this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Leicester and Bolton were wee-wee poor, and I can't even remember the Swindon game!! :lol:
If Gus were missing 8 first team attacking players only my dog would have been able to here him whinging.

Poyet wasn't much better, any team comprising of Bridcutt, Hammond, Dicker and Barnes in a defensive left winger mould, isn't setting the world alight.

Outstanding :lolol: and true.....

But for me I enjoyed the football it was far more fluid, his last season, 5-1 victories twice, Palace destroyed, Newcastle beaten, the Arsenal game and that's without even looking at a programme.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Outstanding :lolol: and true.....

But for me I enjoyed the football it was far more fluid, his last season, 5-1 victories twice, Palace destroyed, Newcastle beaten, the Arsenal game and that's without even looking at a programme.
That's been the, missing, point of NSC all summer:-

We only remember the good times.

Go and look through a programme, I bet you can find 5 shocking games to rival those.
Esp as it'll be easy to consider 3 of your choices as 'one off cup games', fairly similar to Forest a few months ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here