Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion in the market for another Striker

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
O'Grady has physical presence.

Not from what I've seen so far...... The ball has bounced off him in the main and not really contributed defensively, so no not really a decent replacement for what we had.

May bring something different in time, we'll see.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If COG can score tonight and help get us through he will be doing his job.

I would not want CMS out there picking up an injury from an over zealous Swindon boot. Right now that would be extremely bad news.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
There's a bloke at Burnley who might suit. Seems to be on the fringes there....

You mean Sam Vokes??? Yes, I agree. I thought he was pretty decent when we had him on loan under Poyet. Would probably be even better under Sammi and proved last season he can play his part in a promotion winning side.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
We have almost completed all our dealings before the mad rush on deadline day which is a fantastic achievement by the club. Think our new number 9 could go down to the wire but i have been very encouraged so far.
Would have been nice to assemble most of our squad for the Spanish training camp to gel etc but overall we should be pleased.

Agree with that. However, the way we seem to do business coupled with the bad timings of the transfer window mean that was sadly going to be impossible. Much as it was annoying to drop points against 2 rank average/poor teams, based on the past two games, the 'wait till the right players come along' policy appears to be paying dividends.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You mean Sam Vokes??? Yes, I agree. I thought he was pretty decent when we had him on loan under Poyet. Would probably be even better under Sammi and proved last season he can play his part in a promotion winning side.

How are you feeling about our transfer situation?

Not fishing, genuinely interested. :)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
How are you feeling about our transfer situation?

Not fishing, genuinely interested. :)

If you read other threads you would know....I think we basically surrendered 6 points at the start of the season(lets hope we don't miss out on anything by 2 or 3 points) and I was seriously concerned, like many others. I'm not going to re write history and deny it. Or go hiding under a stone, like all the fans who thought anything other than the Spanish revolution, would ruin us and everything we had been working towards for the last four years??? Where are all these tippy tappy fans these days anyway???......as of this moment I am very pleased with the way things have panned out. I think we are top striker away from maybe an automatic promotion place.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No comparison Murray over anybody in our price range. TB should admit that on Gus's advice he made a mistake and bring him back.

where on earth did you get that from
Murray left for more money

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If you read other threads you would know....I think we basically surrendered 6 points at the start of the season(lets hope we don't miss out on anything by 2 or 3 points) and I was seriously concerned, like many others. I'm not going to re write history and deny it. Or go hiding under a stone, like all the fans who thought anything other than the Spanish revolution, would ruin us and everything we had been working towards for the last four years??? Where are all these tippy tappy fans these days anyway???......as of this moment I am very pleased with the way things have panned out. I think we are top striker away from maybe an automatic promotion place.

Good stuff, I agree.

I was concerned with the condition of our squad at the start of the season too, pretty optimistic now also, good times.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the whole Tapatalk v Mobile interface debate, I tried the mobile interface earlier and although it was OK, I was unable to see quotes, which made it hard to follow conversations. I was wondering if there was a toggle I missed?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We have been here a million times. Murray left for more money, this is true. The money Poyet didn't think he was worth, which he clearly was....Which I think is the point.

was Poyet holding the purse strings then, was Oscar holding the purse strings when Barnes left

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
.Murray left for more money[/QUOTE]
Cos Gus said he wasnt worth the wages he wanted, common knowledge from people who know GM. TB rightly took the advice of his manager, which turned out to be wrong

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Interesting turnaround although fair play for coughing to it. I'm happy with what we have done but IMO we are more than a good striker from Auto. That back four is not going to win us big games for starters...

I think we can threaten the play off spots again, thats' about it. Good enough for me though...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
was Poyet holding the purse strings then, was Oscar holding the purse strings when Barnes left

At the time Murray left Poyet was getting everything he wanted, within reason......I think and will always think Garcia had no say over nothing, I just think he was bought in to over see a transitional period, while all the Poyet posers and the high earners had their contracts run down or were eventually sold off.....Only CMS, Greer, Bruno and Calderon remain from the Poyet era and lets be honest, all four of them always give 100% and are very professional, something that cannot be said for a few players who have departed, in the not to distant past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here