Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Trains help - Barcelona to Salou

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Still as incredibly cheap to travel here by train, and as reliable as the renowned Japanese network.

Am I not working it our right then? Looks to me like it would be about 40 eu each way for 2 adults and 3 children (4,8,10).

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Am I not working it our right then? Looks to me like it would be about 40 eu each way for 2 adults and 3 children (4,8,10).

If you go to the http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html they have an on line assistant speaking English. However with a family it would still be cheaper, and more flexible to use car hire, also cheap in Spain. Try this site..http://www.doyouspain.com/index_2m7r4o2f2.htm you alter quote on left hand side if you want full/full etc.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you go to the http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html they have an on line assistant speaking English. However with a family it would still be cheaper, and more flexible to use car hire, also cheap in Spain. Try this site..http://www.doyouspain.com/index_2m7r4o2f2.htm you alter quote on left hand side if you want full/full etc.

Thats where I hired the car from! Liked the fact you could filter out the pay for a full tank/return empty prices and just search the pick up full/return full options. Think we'll stick with the car as it gives us the freedom to explore a bit as well. Thanks for getting back to me.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A family holiday to Salou? Thought it was all pubs and bars and clubs there?

It's not in Salou but it's the nearest train station. We're supposedly in a quiet spot nearly equal distance between Cambrils and Salou. Trip adviser reviews suggest great family holiday, with some negative comments from those saying it was too quiet!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
A family holiday to Salou? Thought it was all pubs and bars and clubs there?
Don't forget Port Aventura, a big theme park, and the associated water park which is lovely as well. They are also starting the build of a second Ferrari theme park and hotel on site - the first is in Dubai I think.

I'm actually typing this in my room in one of Port Aventura's hotels - scorcher today and we've come back from the theme park to cool down a bit! Thank goodness for the Seagulls Player as it has meant I can at least listen to the matches this week...

The seafront and beach in Salou I think is lovely...yes, there's a fair number of typical bars and cafes here in the heart of the town, but the PA hotels themselves, about 15-20 minute walk from the beach, are really nice - we've stayed in three of the four here (the Gold River is too pricey in our opinion).

The railway station is near the El Paso Hotel (one of the four PA hotels).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Don't forget Port Aventura, a big theme park, and the associated water park which is lovely as well. They are also starting the build of a second Ferrari theme park and hotel on site - the first is in Dubai I think.

I'm actually typing this in my room in one of Port Aventura's hotels - scorcher today and we've come back from the theme park to cool down a bit! Thank goodness for the Seagulls Player as it has meant I can at least listen to the matches this week...

The seafront and beach in Salou I think is lovely...yes, there's a fair number of typical bars and cafes here in the heart of the town, but the PA hotels themselves, about 15-20 minute walk from the beach, are really nice - we've stayed in three of the four here (the Gold River is too pricey in our opinion).

The railway station is near the El Paso Hotel (one of the four PA hotels).

This, the second biggest theme park in Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here