Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you done the ice bucket yet?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was nominated yesterday. Will be trying to do something a little different tonight in my video.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some reet dodgy figures going around on the salaries this charity pay themselves. Dunno how much of it is true or if it matters but was shocked at some of their salaries.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'll be honest, I'm bored to tears with my Facebook timeline being clogged up with these videos, worthy cause though it may be.

That said, Paul Camillin has just challenged Glenn Murray and Prince Charming at Palace to do it, so I might actually watch that.

Parish: "Not the hair! NOT THE HAIR!"

[tweet]504251528472199168[/tweet]

Muzza has already done it

[video]http://instagram.com/p/r_q4OkMM8m/?modal=true[/video]

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Cannot believe some of the scrooges on here. Probably because they feel left out, as they have no friends to nominate them. Bitter.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got mine tonight... It's all very gimmicky but it is raising awareness and is making the charities cash. I don't every month to four charities but I shall be donating a bit more tonight when I wouldn't have if this challenge didn't exist.

Can I nominate like 10 people? most do three. It is bad form to nominate 10

Roy Chubby Brown nominated his 200,000 facebook followers....(or 'fooking facebook followers', obviously)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'll be honest, I'm bored to tears with my Facebook timeline being clogged up with these videos, worthy cause though it may be.[tweet]504251528472199168[/tweet]

I get that. I was nominated yesterday and, not wishing to be an old stick in the mud, got drenched this morning. However, I didn't nominate. Let people do it if they want to but I'm not going to make them.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Did mine yesterday and donated today. Glad I've helped a worthy cause and actually gone and found out more about MND.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
10440756_10152320549592499_8693476260726196411_n.jpg

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
It's genius! It's a bit of harmless fun that is positively capitalising on the narcissistic mentality of the social media generation!

I'd happily have my feed clogged up with fools throwing half a cup of tap water over their head, and missing, all day long, than the brainless, unoriginal, premeditated, desperate, attention seeking selfie taking idiots!

I did it personally because I was dared to, simple as that, it connects with everyone on so many different levels and is ultimately motivating the vast majority of us to get off our boring, over opinionated, high and mighty, fat arses and do some good, in turn then motivating others to do the same, and so on, and so on...

It's raising bucket loads of cash and raising awareness for a wildly unknown cause, there is NOTHING bad about that, and anyone that thinks otherwise is a ****.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I think this ice bucket challenge concept should be developed to 'surprise' bucket dumping. It would be much more fun to surprise your partner, family, friends, work colleague, even random people in the street. Of course it should be the person doing the surprise that should donate to charity to ensure everyone's goodwill in the participation of the challenge. :cheers:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The ALS Association describes their “mission”:

Established in 1985, The ALS Association is the only national non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrig’s Disease on every front. By leading the way in global research, providing assistance for people with ALS through a nationwide network of chapters, coordinating multidisciplinary care through certified clinical care centers, and fostering government partnerships, The Association builds hope and enhances quality of life while aggressively searching for new treatments and a cure. Over 50% of what the ALS Association receives appears to support salaries of people working for the Association, based on tax returns.

Jane H. Gilbert – President and CEO – $339,475.00
Daniel M. Reznikov – Chief Financial Officer – $201,260.00
Steve Gibson – Chief Public Policy Officer – $182,862.00
Kimberly Maginnis - Chief of Care Services Officer – $160,646.00
Lance Slaughter - Chief Chapter Relations and Development Officer – $152,692.00
Michelle Keegan – Chief Development Officer – $178,744.00
John Applegate – Association Finance Officer – $118.726.00
David Moses – Director of Planned Giving – $112,509.00
Carrie Munk – Chief Communications and Marketing Officer – $142,875.00
Patrick Wildman – Director of Public Policy – $112,358.00
Kathi Kromer – Director of State Advocacy – $110,661.00

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I bet people in Africa struggling for fresh water are getting a good laugh out of it....

Do you remember them when you get in the shower....do the washing up/load the dishwasher/washing machine...wash your car?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
It would appear that the real purpose of dumping a bucket of ice water on your head is so you can feel superior to those who don't and make statements like those don't do it haven't got any friends to challenge them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here