Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Offer to NSC & Albion fans from Bagelman

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I have to agree with you on this. I tend to be a bit cynical about these ploys. I don't think Bagelman has been very subtle about it.

Yet when the poll thread was open a week back, the majority wanted this option....and no-one really had an issue with it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not to sound funny , but will people seriously be concerned if it was pay day or near pay day when buying a bagel. Its not as though its a new item of clothing or a match ticket or night out etc

I can see what you are saying. However, I know enough people who have been scraping by until their payday on Friday, but then I work in a nursery.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yet when the poll thread was open a week back, the majority wanted this option....and no-one really had an issue with it.

Yes I think we take your point Missy, but it might have (in retrospect ) been a good idea if the Nice Mr Bagelman had thought to mention the previous poll at the start of this thread ie.... Following last weeks Poll blah blah blah.....then we would have known what he was suggesting had more credibility, if you know what I mean. Which is more than I do at the moment! Goodnight :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes I think we take your point Missy, but it might have (in retrospect ) been a good idea if the Nice Mr Bagelman had thought to mention the previous poll at the start of this thread ie.... Following last weeks Poll blah blah blah.....then we would have known what he was suggesting had more credibility, if you know what I mean. Which is more than I do at the moment! Goodnight :)

You mean something like: "Thank you for your response to our poll and for showing your most desired outcome to be a 20% donation to REMF.", which was the very first sentence in his post?

Yes, that would have been very helpful. But only to those who read as far as the first sentence, of course. :wink:

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Good offer, and a good bit of publicity. Clever people will note a 20% discount offer to anyone showing a valid bus or train ticket as advertised in the Brighton buses.
I use the Ship St shop regularly.

Precisely, this is a donation offer via NSC, of course as a Bagelman customer you can also use one of the other offers available, i.e. bus ticket for a 20% discount.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have to agree with you on this. I tend to be a bit cynical about these ploys. I don't think Bagelman has been very subtle about it.

Hey guys, you're right we shouldn't be too subtle, should we? We wanted to be very transparent whilst generating awareness for our new store and raising some money for REMF.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm getting fed up of some of the responses we keep getting towards those making genuine offers to NSCers/Albion fans whilst also helping to finance the site.

On this particular occasion, [MENTION=29964]Bagelman[/MENTION] posted a poll to ask what offer appealed most. The verdict was a donation from every sale to what is NSC's unofficial charity of choice.

You have two options...

1. Participate in the offer.
2. Ignore it.

I really can't see a loser in what is being proposed here, but some just have to be negative for the sake of it and this approach is not going to do me in any favours in trying to attract advertisers and future offers. It's particularly disappointing when many have not even bothered to read the first post, such is their rush to post criticism.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not to sound funny , but will people seriously be concerned if it was pay day or near pay day when buying a bagel. Its not as though its a new item of clothing or a match ticket or night out etc

Yes, yes they will. It's been the longest month of the year, pay-wise and I'm incredibly skint.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
what happens to all the holes?

I know, it's a mystery to us, every morning they're freshly baked and every morning the middles are missing!

BTW you should try the Bagel Chips, they're fantastic pieces of bagel mixed with the most tasty ingredients, a real crunchy treat. Paprika is my favourite!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm getting fed up of some of the responses we keep getting towards those making genuine offers to NSCers/Albion fans whilst also helping to finance the site.

On this particular occasion, [MENTION=29964]Bagelman[/MENTION] posted a poll to ask what offer appealed most. The verdict was a donation from every sale to what is NSC's unofficial charity of choice.

You have two options...

1. Participate in the offer.
2. Ignore it.

I really can't see a loser in what is being proposed here, but some just have to be negative for the sake of it and this approach is not going to do me in any favours in trying to attract advertisers and future offers. It's particularly disappointing when many have not even bothered to read the first post, such is their rush to post criticism.

Well for myself, and in defence, I certainly wasn't maligning Mr Bagelman (topman), when I questioned the necessity to show tickets and the like when bagel buying to qualify our remittance to REMF. Only because I was unaware of the preceding Poll. :)

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It's going to be so funny watching people 'defend' themselves, and completely backtrack now that Bozza has intervened. It's a popcorn moment.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ooh, used to literally drool waiting for lunch when I worked on Middle St. When hungover nothing, I mean nothing would do save for a ham cheddar slaw bagel. Great staff in there too. God I want one now! If I asked for a bagel where I live now I'd probably be burned in a Wicker Man.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Just read earlier comments. Running a business isn't easy, if you have run your own you'll know. It's all about making business links, making business friends and helping each other out, if REMF makes a bit out of it why not!? It's called a business community and if it's including BHA then all the better. If the only work you've ever done is to line someone else's pockets you may not get this but honestly, as a small business in a town like Brighton if you don't make those connections you're dead in the water. And it's a bloody lovely product as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here