Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion to bring new fans to the club / fill seats

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great idea.
The club needs to attract the Brighton gay community to the Amex to fill up those seats in the south east corner next to the away fans. How could the club achieve this? over to NSC.

Firstly, fly the flag, loud and proud over the Amex

Splendid place for a community area. With chants of 'Your just a town full of hetero's' completely putting the opposition fans into a state of bewilderment. Whilst 'Does your boyfriend know your here' is met with 'Yes, but he's gone to IKEA'. Away fans seen walking out the South Stand at the end of the game in dazed confusion.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Splendid place for a community area. With chants of 'Your just a town full of hetero's' completely putting the opposition fans into a state of bewilderment. Whilst 'Does your boyfriend know your here' is met with 'Yes, but he's gone to IKEA'. Millwall fans seen walking out the South Stand at the end of the game in dazed confusion.
I think we are on to a winner here. Full house every game.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
It might be worth looking at lowering the price for away fans, let's say as an example 10 to 15 quid, this may encourage bigger away support leading to more money through the Amex tills and noisier afternoons.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I believe the club are working with clubs and schools I would say if you run a youth football club ask the club what deals for groups for tickets. Youth football clubs may Be able to use it as a fund raising exercise.! / team building. If you don't ask you don't get.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It might be worth looking at lowering the price for away fans, let's say as an example 10 to 15 quid, this may encourage bigger away support leading to more money through the Amex tills and noisier afternoons.

This is a raw suggestion which could grow legs. Reciprocal agreements, decided at league level, could bring hundreds more in to football grounds around the country. I seem to recall there was a match, last season, that we played up north (Wigan Athletic ?) where it was very cheap for our travelling crew. I wasn't there, but maybe someone could tell us if there was an impact on attendance.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Based on the official capacity of the Amex and the official attendance yesterday, the club missed out on getting 6315 additional people in to the stadium (the club reports attendance as tickets sold, not actual attendance).

Just a few ideas on what the club could do to fill those seats, on the basis that anyone who buys a match day ticket could be a regular punter in the future and therefore could assist the ongoing operation of the club:

Kids tickets for £1
Tickets for women £1
Tickets for students £1

These could run as promotions, say one of these ideas every other home game. It would fill seats and draw new fans to the club who might become regulars in the future. Plus they would spend money at the ground on food, drink and merchandise. Those with £1 tickets (e.g. kids and women) may well come along with someone who pays full price for a ticket (£ for the club).

The club could also engage with local schools and give out say 500 tickets a match free to schools for kids to take a trip to the Amex.

It seems like a no brainer win win for the club. I’m sure others will have reasons to shoot these ideas down but I think looking at the bigger picture, the future of the club would really benefit from getting as many people (and new fans) in to every game.

I'll be giving up my £50 something a month ST then....

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe they could fit dildos onto the seats to attract woman and gays, blue and white of course.

I'm not sure that they were your target audience for that suggestion.... :blush:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Coming back to sensible discussion, just for a moment, what do people think about about reciprocal cheap agreements for away fans ?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Student tickets would be great. Had to give up my season ticket this year. 1st time I've not had one since 1999. :(

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Coming back to sensible discussion, just for a moment, what do people think about about reciprocal cheap agreements for away fans ?

Go on then.
I have always been of the understanding that if you are not selling then knock down the price to at least make something, not lose money of course but something is better than nothing.
Many businesses totally disagree with this and do not budge on prices unless its a specific reason for a sale (except DFS)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here