Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I never thought TK was particularly poor on crosses, and he's without a doubt one of the best keepers we've had in recent years. But his second season was nowhere near as good as his first, and his distribution just got worse and worse as time went on. Incredibly frustrating to watch him continually punt it out for a throw in.

Yes, he was definitely one of the better ones we have ever had. But I always find a keeper who's first instinct is to punch rather worrying. Catch it, chuck it to Calde/Bennett/Tex/whoever and off we go up the other end is the better way, rather than fighting over the loose ball just outside our box. Ooeer

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nah. Stockdale will do for me. I already love the man. Get the impression he's a bit of a character too, and one who will be popular in the dressing room. Kuszczak was a very good keeper but not somebody you'd ever really warm to. Stockdale seems to have a genuine love for what he does, he engages with the fans brilliantly, and I think he's probably doesn't take himself too seriously either.

I like it when he goes around the team on the pitch before kick-off, giving them manly hugs and geeing them up. He's going to be great for us, I just know it.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
I like the way he plays and makes the abc four play
but its hard to watch and we will give away one or two horrors this season
hasn't had much if anything to save in the two games I watched
but seems like a good bloke which he gets marks for too in my book
so all in all ..very welcome!

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I like the way he plays and makes the abc four play
but its hard to watch and we will give away one or two horrors this season
hasn't had much if anything to save in the two games I watched
but seems like a good bloke which he gets marks for too in my book
so all in all ..very welcome!
One of the horrors certainly happened yesterday - love him as a character though: kissing Bruno on the bonce, and coming up to have a pop for that last corner!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here